Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a 2007-2009 or 2010-2012 Mazdaspeed3 6spd transaxle w/ LSD? If not, why? That engine IIRC is a turbocharged 2.3L. Will it bolt up to our duratec blocks? They are available with low mileage for between $900 and $1300.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops. Felix and Rally already sort of answered this one.

However rebuilding my MTX-75 and adding a Torsen would cost more than the $1000 that the Mzdaspd3 6spd would cost???

·
Registered
203 Posts
But at the end of the day you would have a rebuilt MTX75 with the diff that you wanted.

Or you could have a used Mazdaspeed3 trans that has been flogged by your typical Mazdaspeed3 driver and has ?? miles left on it(and especially the diff)before it fails.....

I know which choice I'd go with...

On the other hand..It could be a potentially interesting swap.
Kudos for even thinking about it-I hadn't.

I don't know that much about that trans....do some research and let us know if they are reliable.
Good luck with the various Mazda Forums though- in the past I've hung out a little on some of the Mazda forums and while I like their cars(I own one now),I avoid Mazda forums like the plague.
You'll see why when you go there..

·
Registered
414 Posts
If the gearing of the 6spd is different from the MTX it could have benefits for more powerful engines and/or people looking for taller gearing for fuel exonomy reasons. I know a lot of cars are geared short to help the weak engine get going but once more power is made, many find 1st gear to be all but useless. And then there are those like me who think 2500rpm at 60mph is too high for a car that you are trying to squeeze every last MPG out of...

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Anyone know if there is a LSD available for the Fusion 6speed?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You'd need an engine to go with it, the zetec bellhousing is different than the duratec's.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
But at the end of the day you would have a rebuilt MTX75 with the diff that you wanted.

Or you could have a used Mazdaspeed3 trans that has been flogged by your typical Mazdaspeed3 driver and has ?? miles left on it(and especially the diff)before it fails.....

I know which choice I'd go with...

On the other hand..It could be a potentially interesting swap.
Kudos for even thinking about it-I hadn't.

I don't know that much about that trans....do some research and let us know if they are reliable.
Good luck with the various Mazda Forums though- in the past I've hung out a little on some of the Mazda forums and while I like their cars(I own one now),I avoid Mazda forums like the plague.
You'll see why when you go there..
I too would go for a mtx w/ a torsen over a 6speed. Adding a turbo, I'd go for the tri point engineering kit w/ a torsen equipped mtx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts