• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted a zx5 svt due to six speed trans (both 3 and si have), four doors (both have), hatch (3 has) and power (3 263hp/280lb trq, and si 197hp/139lb trq). The insurance will kill me, but i'm going to wait till after i'm married and then it'll be A LITTLE bit cheaper, and then hopefully have some money saved for a decent down payment. I'm leaning towards the mazda, just wanted to hear what you all thought. (sorry if i'm offending anyone by going away from focus, but it's ford that kicking me out by their decision making skills. I wanted to make a poll, but don't know how to????)

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Mazda. [thumb]
You can't beat the torque!
The Si is rather anemic in that department.

The Mazda may also be cheaper on the insurance, since it may very well be classified as a station wagon.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Mazda x10
Besides the power difference, it looks much better IMO

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I have been hearing ALOT of horror stories about MS3 snapping engine mounts and causing some decent damage. Although the problem could be solved before hand with some good engine mounts. Even with that, I'd still take the MS3 any day.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i'd go with the speed3. it's not much more on insurance than my regular 3 is. and the engine mounts are something that have been a problem (it uses the same mounts as the NA 2.3) its something that Mazda has acknowledged, and has fixed on the new cars and is covering under warranty or current cars released.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
I'd take the 3 first, but if I was going to buy one I'd either wait until they sort out the power issues or someone comes up with a tune that takes care of it. There are reports that the ECU restricts the turbo in pretty much any gear if you take it from a roll (say, coasting at 35 and then hammering on the gas) and as you approach redline.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Id go with the mazda speed 3. more power , better looking , more features and a better warranty. IMO.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'd take the 3 first, but if I was going to buy one I'd either wait until they sort out the power issues or someone comes up with a tune that takes care of it. There are reports that the ECU restricts the turbo in pretty much any gear if you take it from a roll (say, coasting at 35 and then hammering on the gas) and as you approach redline.
This is true and is well documented. The ECU is very moody...sometimes you get boost and sometimes you don't...not just in the first couple gears.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Ok, as is often the case, I find myself in the minority here. Judging from what I know about both personally (never driven either, but their econocar bases yes), Honda.

This is coming from the owner (am I the only one?) who still thinks his factory-tune factory-spec SVTf is sufficiently powerful, so take it with a grain of salt. If you'll pardon the expression, the Mazda is definitely a better penis enlarger. I dont happen to need one, and I like the civic's interior better, I like natural aspiration better, and I wouldnt mind saving, whatever the difference in MSRP is, $3000? Maybe less, I didnt actually check before I posted.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a $950 difference in price (civic is cheaper), so that's a little less then $20 a month financed. I was leaning towards the mazda because all the rice burner kids are going to want to steal the car or bother me about it (asking dumb things about it when they mostly know nothing other then "ah man!!! you got a v-tech?! THAT'S AWESOME!!!!) no offence to anyone, just some of the people I know. The mazda, not too many people know what type of power it has, and I really like the hatch. The insurance is a little less (maybe $10 -around 240 a month for the mazda) due to I believe theft. But according to the poll, everyone is leaning the same way i am[clap]. THANK YOU ALL FOR POSTING. Oh, and I would have to stay with this site. Eveyones super cool[cheers]

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.