Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Focus dying off, is anyone looking at the Mazda3 or some other compact hatch for a possible replacement? I'd like to keep the utility of a hatch, plus have something fun to drive while getting decent MPG. Thoughts if you looked into it?

I had a Rav4 as a rental last week, and I was amazed at how shitty it drove. It felt like an old pickup. Hopefully the other compact crossovers aren't this bad?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nope, I’ll never own a Mazda. Nothing against them however just not for me. I’ll probably just end up running my ‘13 Hatch into the ground, however I’m always kind of browsing prices on ‘18 ST’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
With the Focus dying off, is anyone looking at the Mazda3 or some other compact hatch for a possible replacement? I'd like to keep the utility of a hatch, plus have something fun to drive while getting decent MPG. Thoughts if you looked into it?

I had a Rav4 as a rental last week, and I was amazed at how shitty it drove. It felt like an old pickup. Hopefully the other compact crossovers aren't this bad?
My wife has a 2011 Mazda 3 hatchback definitely better than my 2010 Ford Focus so yeah I like Mazda.
With that said not trying to sound like a snob as I get older I try to progress into better cars that are performance oriented. I really don't have a desire to ever buy a basic economy car again.
I have a Fiesta ST that I absolutely love.
I don't plan on purchasing another car for at least several years but circumstances can change I really do like the Kia stinger.

I'll probably never own a Ford product again.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I parked next to one at work recently. Badass looking car.
If I ever got one I would like to get the basic model 4 cylinder turbo with the light and sound package and all wheel drive.
More than likely I would have to get the premium package to get the better sound system. The GT model is nice with the 3.3 liter twin-turbo v6 but it's just over my budget. Worst part about Kia is the dealerships when it comes to sales are very scummy most of the time.
I like the new Mazda 3 hatchback I'd probably get the top trim package with all-wheel drive.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worst part about Kia is the dealerships when it comes to sales are very scummy most of the time.
I like the new Mazda 3 hatchback I'd probably get the top trim package with all-wheel drive.
Yeah, the Kia dealership here still has a guy in a gorilla suit jumping around on their ads. I've only heard bad about them.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I'd buy a Mazda3 if I was in the market as it's a very well reviewed car and they do a good job with making the car look like you spent more money and they offer AWD on it now. My mom and stepmom have owned Mazdas and they never complained about them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mazda is better to its customer than Ford by a long shot.
Out of warranty Mazda has replaced the dashboard and the hatchback shocks. A brand new dashboard on a car that was 7 years old at the time how cool.
Bose gave my Wife a brand new $500 amp that was faulty just by asking. I guess they care about their partnership with Mazda.

When I removed the door panel to replace one of the speakers I was like oh this is what they mean by build quality. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have test driven a 2007 specimen that got sold half an hour after I test-drove it to another customer. That's actually how I ended up walking over to Ford and getting a 2010 Focus. Great car, great handling, interiors look great (at least for a 2007 car), the 5-spd manual was punchy.

Not really in the market for another car right now. Public transportation works fine here. But if I move to some place else and I need a car the Mazda is on my radar. Or maybe I should try out a budget sports car instead? Who knows.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Mazda is better to its customer than Ford by a long shot.
Out of warranty Mazda has replaced the dashboard and the hatchback shocks. A brand new dashboard on a car that was 7 years old at the time how cool.
Bose gave my Wife a brand new $500 amp that was faulty just by asking. I guess they care about their partnership with Mazda.

When I removed the door panel to replace one of the speakers I was like oh this is what they mean by build quality. I was very impressed.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
And they're all fun to drive........Zoom-Zoom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts