NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Have you test driven it yet?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Have you test driven it yet?
Ofcourse I had this done first thing in the morning I just got home to post the news. ZERO engine Movement. Very good results... Although it doesnt bother me there is vibration from this jerky shaky engine at 1000-2000 rpm.

Cabin vibration isnt noticeable above 2000 rpm

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice Work! Its great that you took a chance on this. Thank You! Where did you get the mount? Looks like a very solid piece.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice Work! Its great that you took a chance on this. Thank You! Where did you get the mount? Looks like a very solid piece.
James Barone Racing hes going to add the 2012 focus to his site within a month but you can order this from him whenever...

I would like a slightly softer version for this car and Ill use this mount for my ST

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
Right now you are way out in front with testing what works and what doesnt, everybody else is just waiting for you to test things it seems like

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Right now you are way out in front with testing what works and what doesnt, everybody else is just waiting for you to test things it seems like
Tell me about it lol... All these companies Im doing favors for... I need some discounts!

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Merged the two threads together

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do you recall what duro JBR mount is?
70 red 80 black... i need 60 or 50 for this car its a bit to aggressive for my tastes. If the mount stays the same for the ST ill be all for the 70

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
The reason I ask is that I want to try the Corksport inserts and they are different between the regular 3 and the 'Speed 3. The stock 'Speed mount has 2 air gaps in the rubber and the regular 3 has 3 air gaps.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
The reason I ask is that I want to try the Corksport inserts and they are different between the regular 3 and the 'Speed 3. The stock 'Speed mount has 2 air gaps in the rubber and the regular 3 has 3 air gaps.
Ill take one 2moro but the stock one no joke was considered a 5... I could move it with my pinky...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Good info....so I take it the MS3 mounts are much more rigid...I really havent considered the rigidity of a focus motor mount before, but it sounds like you have a good reason.

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
How does it feel? Are the vibrations noticable?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
At 900-1300 rpm their noticeable after that there is none. Cruising there's no noticeable vibration. The car responds quicker to shifts down or up and very quick to when you floor it.

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Any insight into how the rubber in that stock mount is made? I would love to be able to use Corksport inserts.

If not, I think StreetUnit makes a mount in 50 durometer...

21 - 40 of 454 Posts