Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive got a friend with a camaro and it is turbo charged with the turbo in the rear of the car, and hes making 500hp reliably.

i was thinking of making a turbo kit for my svt in the same way, heres the parts list i have so far, the reason for this post is for someone to tell me if im leaving off any parts to complete my setup.

t3\t4 turbo
FMIC
alot of inake piping
custom exhaust piping to run to the turbo
50lb injectors
custom tune from someone (not sure who yet, i only want to run 8psi)
alot of exhaust wrap to keep the heat in the piping for better spooling

if theres anything i left off please let me know so i can complete this and see how it works.

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
you need to find a MUCH SMALLER turbo if you ever want it to spool up , anything bigger then a small trimmed t3 ball bearing or a small gt series will never spool up

Oil lines
Oil return lines
Bung installed into oil pan
MAF
Hoses
Clamps
Etc.

Tom

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah, if you put a t3/t4 in the back of your car, that thing will never spool!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
if you're interested...I'm doing some r&d for an svt turbo kit which, depending on how well it does on the test car (mine), my shop may be offering at a competitive price. pm me if you're interested and I'll tell you what I can. I'm not going to post up any more information because I'm not a sponsor for FF and I know they have rules regarding that kind of stuff

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you mean a t3\t4 will never spool? i beg to differ, my buddy is running a t3\t4 on his camaro and it spools just fine. also theres a company who makes a turbo kit for honda civics and intregras that locate it in the same place and there kits come with the t3\t4 and on a d16z6 sohc motor they are making 226whp at 8psi

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
A Camaro is ALOT different than a SVT Focus.... first and foremost you have twice the exhaust flow to spool the turbo.

Unless your really going to build the motor a T3 or GT28Rs is about as big as you want to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts