Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When switching out my intakes yesterday i decided to fix my engine cover.

I read a few posts people complained about loud ticking from the injectors.

My brother got in a roll of that sound dead barrier stuff for the hatch of his car. He had some left over so i put some on my engine cover.

The good part is the engine cover is right over the injectors so it seems to work great.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foil and foam insulation? It should work so long as it's rated for the temp. I wouldn't put anything under the hood that wasn't rated for 400 F at least.

No its like that foil backed tar paper. Its like dynomat or something but a generic version.

50 miles on it so far, ill let you know how it holds up to the heat. I believe they use heat guns on this stuff to mold it around frame bumps and corners and stuff to deaden sound.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
^^^ Say, Ronnie your Intake look's awesome= I like! Took it off to paint, huh? Yeah, sure look's hawt.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ Say, Ronnie your Intake look's awesome= I like! Took it off to paint, huh? Yeah, sure look's hawt.
Thanks! yeah i did it mainly to paint it but i also did other things each time. The first time i took off the stock intake, i did the PCV delete while i had it off i painted it a little but then ruined it trying to paint it with the caliper paint. That pissed me off so i hatched the plan for a new intake and deleting the flaps and then switched em out. I think that back fired on me as well lol

im going to do mine when i get my engine cover!Thanks Rep Added!
I took it off last night and inspected it, the tar stuff seems to be holding the heat just fine. I think if you can hear the injectors this should help. It looks good none the less.

Also the "duratec 2.0 DOHC" sticker i got from TFB design. It doesnt come that way though.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has it noticeably helped with noise?
I didnt really have an issue with the noise before, i mean my intake is so loud and my exhaust i couldnt really hear the ticking that much over everything else but ive seen people complain about it so i thought ide just share an idea.

Also if you still have issues you could line the whole hood with this stuff as well. Now that ive put it on my engine cover which IMO gets hotter then the hood and has held up for what 2 weeks now so far its not melting or letting loose. If you put it under the hood into all the little panels this could also add a tone of noise dampening kinda like some of the higher end cars use that fiber hood backing stuff.

IMO this stuff looks better then the fiber that collects dust and stuff. It will add a little weight though so its your call.

I put some foil stuff on the back of my hood to kinda dress it up, i didnt think about the sound stuff at the time or i would of done it insted. The underside of my stock 07 hood looks like crap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts