Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its sort of official, i may be looking to make more power out of the duratec 2.0 with the help of forced induction. im doing a lot of research in the process... its tons of info out there. i usually dont deal with turbos but the kits that i have seen look to be fairly reliable. ive been on just about every forum looking for people that run turbos on their cars to include honda/acura/toyota forums and it looks like the major downfalls are being lazy, being cheap, and being in over your head. luckily im none of those, lol.

the goal: not looking for crazy power, just fun... think mazdaspeed protege [;)] most of my time and detail will be focused on handling and getting these dang blasted seats replaced with more supportive chairs without upsetting the SRS TOO much, if thats even possible. to make the car have a little edge, i decided on a turbo. this will be my first turbo build and im just looking to see what you guys think, expiriences with your turbo setups, reccomendations, and so on

the budget for the turbo setup is $3k-$7k

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Go to Tom, QUICK! He is retiring soon and he can build you one(I think) for around five grand. He is the best out there and knows what he is doing. He will prob chime in here and say something.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
for your power goals, a focussport turbo will be more than enough. you can get over 220WHP out of your 2.0 on stock internals with their kit.. and thats at less than $4000.. you may have to upgrade the clutch at that power level. if you just run 8psi with the intercooler, you should be able to get around 195-200whp with your 2.0 and not have to change the clutch and still be a ton faster than you are now.

focussport has over 75 kits out there running strong, some with over 60,000 miles on the kit. everyone who has one loves them, including me.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i just noticed you have a 2008. i know everyone has been having issues with tuning the ecu on the 2008+ foci so you may want to talk to focussport directly about that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i just noticed you have a 2008. i know everyone has been having issues with tuning the ecu on the 2008+ foci so you may want to talk to focussport directly about that.
Would you care to elaborate on that or provide some links? I'm looking into a turbo in the semi-near future for my 2009 and am interested in learning of issues in advance.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i thought it had something to do with the drive by wire?
i could be talking out of my a$$

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i hate that darn drive by wire because its slow when shifting. when accelerating, if you press the clutch without coasting for a bit the rpms rise about 200 rpm because the computer still has the throttle open for a split second... but it doesnt do it all the time. the scion tC i test drove a while back did the same thing

·
Registered
367 Posts
just wondering if anyone has bought the f2 turbo..they are less money than the focussport but streetracer knows that the fs has a great turbo kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts