Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at some diamond racing wheels and I was wondering what the max offset would be that I could get at 15x8 without having to roll my fenders.
(Also what size wheel would I need, I came here to ask because I'm unsure on where else to go).
I do want the to be flush with the fender though. My car is also lowered 2inches in the front 2.3 in the rear on tein s tech's.

Thanks! [hihi]

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
youre going to have to roll your fenders. ive been down that path and it wont happen. you can get a 7.5 inch wide wheel and tire under there without rubbing anything at around a 48mm offset and the tire will damn near be rubbing the shock. i ran a set of 7.5s at a 45mm offset and it would barely rub the fenders when i was being naughty and i couldnt even get the tip of my finger between the inside edge of the tire and the shock so it was very close but you might be able to get a little higher offset possibly. but you just arent going to get anything wider than a 7.5 inch wide wheel/tire tucked in there without rubbing or modifying something.

rolling your fenders isnt that big of a deal. just go ahead and pull your fenders some and get those 15x8s in about a 38-40mm offset and rock on. you especially need it since youre dropped.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
took a look at my old setup earlier. it was a 42mm offset which means a 48mm offset on a 8in wide tire would put the outside edge in the exact same place as my old 7.5s which means it would still rub slightly but the inside edge would be pushed 1/2in closer to the shock. if you are adamant and want to risk it rubbing your shock and therefore the wheels be impossible for you to use without spacers then a 50mm offset would tuck them completely in theory in my opinion. i should have linked this earlier. it will help you figure out what you want to do. very useful tool

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
if you are buying diamonds, they sell their wheels by back spacing.
you want the 6" backspacing. I had the 5.5" backspacing and it wasn't close enough to the strut. if it rubs the strut, then add spacers. anyways, the shape of the spokes of the diamonds may contact the caliper, so you would need a small 5mm spacer anyways. its easy to add spacers to reduce offset but essentially impossible the other way except by buying new wheels or cutting/welding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts