Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just curious about what my limits are in terms of tuning. I have a 2012 Focus with the DCT. Does anyone happen to know what that transmission is rated for in terms of power and torque? Online, I couldn't find much (possibly like 180 lb/ft?); wondering if anyone had any more info.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The Getrag 6DCT250 transmission has a torque capacity of 250 Newton-meters or 184 foot-pounds.

Torque rather than horsepower seems to be the important transmission capacity measure.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I saw that on their website when I originally looked but I don't think Getrag is still making the original DCT from the 2012 models, unless I'm mistaken. I think they've replaced it with the dry-clutch model that's listed on their website now...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But, on the other hand, it's probably pretty close to 180 even if the model is different. They wouldn't have a big reason to change it dramatically. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
http://www.getrag.com/en/products/powershift/powershift.html
This page is showing some different numbers, but similar at least.
The 6DCT250 page shows a torque capacity range of 240-280 Nm. Getrag's naming convention usually includes torque capacity, so I'd guess the "normal" torque capacity of this gearbox is 250 Nm.

And Getrag continues to produce this dry-clutch DCT which can be be found on 2015 Focuses and a variety of other cars. They plan to move away from dry-clutch installations but it's unclear if the next-gen Focus will have a DCT (dry or wet), a conventional automatic or a CVT. I expect Getrag has been clobbered with warranty costs from the Focus/Fiesta DCTs, so their move away from this version is hardly surprising.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh OK! I thought they had done away with that particular DCT but I was mistaken. See, this is why I love forums. Gets stuff figured out quicker!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Nice!

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I hear ya. i'm not even sure i want to do a exhaust. Still debating it. I have had custom exhausts on all my previous cars but i'm kind of enjoying the quite ride this car has. I just have the drop in filter and tune right now.

Reactions: Arco-Zakus

·
Registered
527 Posts
I hear ya. i'm not even sure i want to do a exhaust. Still debating it. I have had custom exhausts on all my previous cars but i'm kind of enjoying the quite ride this car has. I just have the drop in filter and tune right now.
I was debating it for a long time but I decided to get one, the Magnaflow Cat-Back 15072. Its actually not even on yet lol, but out of all the videos i've watched I'm expecting it to be deep, and not so much 'loud'.

What boltons are there? header, exhaust, CAI, motor mounts... ? Just wondering :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
I was debating it for a long time but I decided to get one, the Magnaflow Cat-Back 15072. Its actually not even on yet lol, but out of all the videos i've watched I'm expecting it to be deep, and not so much 'loud'.

What boltons are there? header, exhaust, CAI, motor mounts... ? Just wondering :)
That's pretty much the 'exhaust'ive list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts