Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max psi the zetec block can take??? Also, can the SVT hold up to more?? I mean it would make sense that they are the same, (assuming like crower rods and diamond pistons in both) but is one better than the other?? I know the svt has the oil squirters, so it would be safer. Also, what is the max the CGI block can take?

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
I have made 700+HP on the stock block but after about 3 or 4 passes 1/4 mile would break the stock crank and find the main webbing cracked as well

The SVT block is no stronger and the oil squirters do nothing for safety , The most powerfull engines on this forum have all been done with no oil squirters

The CGI block has seen 1000+HP and held with no issues but it also had billet cranks

Tom

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Holy Moses!!! 1000+ HP on a Zetec!!! I know its a special block, but its still amazing to think that is on a 4 cyl motor! THink about it, each piston on htat motor is making more than all 4 of my pistons put together! lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of, Holy Moses, the stock crank can take that much hp? Talk about over engineering! Gotta love it.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at least thats one thing ford did right!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts