Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the crane stage two cams but the valve springs but it says to specify the duration and lift while ordering... when do I specify???? I almost complete my order and not once did it ask me to put what duration??? What do I do about that... sorry if this a complete idiotic question, and sorry if if this is in the wrong forum...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am actually going with the cosoworth cams that don't require the valve springs so and the SCT XCA2...

Fl3tch...LOL

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well cause I want to go with the cams that don't require upgraded valve springs and those would be crane stage 1's or the cossie ones and if you look they are basically both the same duration and lift, they may be just made of different materials but I since they are both the same I am leaning towards Cosworth because I just trust their products, I mean should I be going with crane stage 1's???

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Cosworth is about 80 bucks more!

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
the crane 1s are a little more agressive than the cosworth cams........... Id suggest getting the cranes, but that's jus' me.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Cosworth stage 2's don't require valve springs, and are more aggressive than the Crane 1's...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah but doesn't the stage Cosworth stage two require valve relief.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://focussport.com/cams.htm

If you read it tells you that the Cosworth requires valve relief... and How are the crane 1's a little more aggressive than the cossie when they both have the same intake and exhaust numbers???

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I'll go look, but offhand I seem to remember that the Crane's had longer duration. It's been a while since I looked at the Cossie cams.

You already ordered the cams... so what's the point in discussion?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because once again I cancelled the order... I need to know what I am doing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts