Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got down to work on the Focus for the first time in, oh, about a month (my girls were here on summer vaca). My old motor is completely tore down to the short block and has actually been repurposed for Justin's (Massive guy) turbo project, which by the way looks great.

They are working on Revamp's SVT JR SC project this week now that all the parts are there, after that is done we will probably hit my car a bit more heavily.

Anyway, the main development (and as far as I can tell, unique) was the PW manifold porting and port matching to my FocusSport head project being completed. Definitely a good looking job and it goes all the way back to the intercooler. Only a small amount of the FocusSport head needed to be enlarged.

Pics below, I will post more after the long block is assembled.

PW manifold

FocusSport head

·
Registered
743 Posts
you always a step ahead of me!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I cannot wait Goat... What's the ETA for finishing this? Next Spring?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Ooooo... If you had it by FITF... that would be sweet.

And yes.. I know... you have the SATURN OF DOOM!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hahahahaha. You betcha!

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I think Goat's gonna go for the Mr. Fusion converter that we all saw in Back to the Future II. That way, you'll only have to drive up to Omega Hills to refil, Goat!

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hell, at this point just put it all back together again. The only thing that will really be the same is the body as all the suspension is being replaced, the tranny is different and the motor is all new.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
whers you gonna be standing in comparison with jeremy? seems like yall got about the same build up just different brands

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
bastard.....

I was planning the same thing when my PW warranty was up, except using my FR head, which was already mildly ported from my JRSC setup.

Then adding the BBK w/ 5.7 crank pulley, and a 100 shot direct port...'

why you tryin to be like me? [cool] [:D]

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing wrong with two individual pools of thought coming up with the same idea [thumb]

I wouldn't go with a bigger crank pulley, just go with a 2.4" pulley, about the same effect. That and you wouldn't have to mess the crank pulley to back boost off, just replace the pulley on the PW snout.

When I mentioned a while back about doing this he said that a couple other people had mentioned it as well. I know of at least one SVT in Kentucky with similar plans, minus the porting of the PW mani.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
lol by the time your done with all of thise your gonna have to board her up for the winter

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fokuzx3 said:
lol by the time your done with all of thise your gonna have to board her up for the winter
I already said I have no problem with this being done in the spring, I have alot of other stuff going on to keep me busy.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Yes. Goat is a busy man.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, so it has been like two months since I last updated, but like I have always said, I have never tried to make this project sound like a priority for everyone to finish. I would sooner have people take their time. Karl and Justin and Massive Speed System have done a fantastic job so far.

Here are some pics just from tonight. Note that I just put stock cam gears and valve covers on during the build process, I have much nicer items to replace them with.

Some further grinding of some of the SC supports was necessary since the FocusSport head is decked (makes the SC sit lower) and some custom oil sensor setup was done by Karl as well.

Some of the lifters also need to be ground to get proper clearance. The FocusSport head also has a valve job which makes the valve sit up higher. This is not a problem with the Kent cams that came with the head (short base) but it is a problem with the stock cams (what is initially going in).

The PW pulley is the MaxBoost pulley that Massive produces. This particular one is the 2.6" version (stock is 2.8")

1 - 20 of 136 Posts