Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one?

Been wanting to do the dogbone forever and just never got around to it.

a. I'm a Massive/Cosworth whore so it seems appropriate
b. Its cheaper then the VF and looks cooler
c. I don't feel like pressing in the bushings myself nor do i feel like keeping the stock mount for some reason...

what do we think about this?

linkypoo

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I got my VF dog bone as one of the first mods I did, I have no experience with THAT one but I know you need one.

After driving your car as it is now, yours feels loose compared to mine.

Get the dog bone already you loser. [hihi]

·
Registered
45 Posts
all massives mount is, is the stock mount with bushings. im not going to bash it i love it so i say go for it.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty sure its not the stock mount but i could be wrong, the other view i've seen of it looks completely different from the stocker

Massive:

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oooh a silver one would be hawt

i'm getting excited about all the wrong details lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
all massives mount is, is the stock mount with bushings. im not going to bash it i love it so i say go for it.

And Its Red
At first that's what i thought too....

Once you take the stock mount out and compare the two you will realize they are totally different

And i know they were in the works of having their own bushings made (that could explain the silver and yellow version), but mine came as a black mount with red bushings

Totally worth the money and it helps keep my Powerworks in check ;)

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
If you take massive's an the stock mount an look at them side by side the massive ones have a rough metal finsh to it where the stock mount is actually smooth alum finsh. plus the massive mount is a little heavier compaired to the stock one.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Massive's is awesome! I've got a pic somewhere of that one side-by-side with my stock mount, I'll try to post it up if i find it. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge difference between the two. After I put the Massive one in, i can drop shifts and have no banging at all like i was feeling from my stock mount. Also, the stock bushings get torn to shreds after a while, mine was in pieces :(

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good tip Jborden, I may be purchasing that from you in the morning.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
The CFM one is the best lower mount available. Its a much better design than even the VF.
If your looking at going the cheap route, the one HTP is selling would work pretty good.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I personally would want one from billet aluminum rather then cast part. I love my VF, I have all three.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The CFM one is the best lower mount available. Its a much better design than even the VF.
If your looking at going the cheap route, the one HTP is selling would work pretty good.
ooh burn....i would never go cheap! lol... but CFM is verrrry close to me so that might work out as well.

I just really like Massive's stuff and that thing looks hard core, and the HTP one the same.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i have the massive rear mount and after like a week or two the smaller bushing shredded i dont know if anyone else had this problem so im just putting it out there

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the info

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
hi, not sure if everyone already knows this too, but on the Jet there was a problem a while back, with the mounts that used Prothane bushings...they were slipping out! a bunch of people checked theirs, and many found they had the same problems. just to be aware. problem may have been fixed by now anyway.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts