Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 ZX4 and im looking at coilovers. found these on massive speed system website.

http://massivespeedsystem.com/suspension_techniques/st_coilover_kit/90310/i-132622.aspx

any good?

im on all about a total all out slammed ride. looking for awesome handing, i like stiffer ride, but i want it to be adjustable for going up in winter and suspention tuning and such. dont wanna run into tire rubbing, body bottom out and such. plan it get ebach anti roll bar kit and CFM lower 4 point brace soon. need a nice suspention to mate with those. dont plan on visiting the track muchwithin a few years(no im not a street racer), but i dont have 1400plus to go koni or eqivilant yet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
They are basically the KW Variant 1 with small aesthetic adjustments. The V1 is a top notch coil over. This is a very good price too - make sure it's legit!

ST Coil-Overs

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Made in Germany by KW, sounds legit to me. If nothing else, you just convinced me to save an extra $100 for my 06 to get those instead of H&R's and have adjustable height. It's interesting that they are green on Massive's site, and yellow on Tire Rack.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
K/W's use yellow & ST uses green!

Made in Germany by KW, sounds legit to me. If nothing else, you just convinced me to save an extra $100 for my 06 to get those instead of H&R's and have adjustable height. It's interesting that they are green on Massive's site, and yellow on Tire Rack.
The pix on Tirerack's site look's like a pix of K/W's coilover kit. K/W uses stainless steel on their housing's, & ST uses galinanize steel, thus a lower price. ST's color is green, where K/W uses yellow on it's spring's, & purple on the other part's, like spring perch's etc. FRPP's at one time offered K/W coilover's too. I was going w/ one of thou & figured I wasn't doing to change the height around after I had it set. I went w/ a fixed platform instead.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
looks to be. same part #.

pic doesnt match, but they rarely do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If those are the same as the ST coilovers from tire rack, how come they are so much cheaper? I find this very interested as I was planning on ordering the ST coilovers from tire rack in the very near future, but now i'm not so sure...

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd make sure you have the right part #. You did post 2 different #'s. Just for the heck of it look up if they have K/W's also. Maybe Trevor can match that price. Just saying when I was looking for a set of crane cams I found 2 places that had them $100.00 less than everone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts