Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a pre-assembled Massive Lower Engine Tranny Mount / Dogbone for my 2011 Focus and it arrived last week. The first thing I noticed was that the purple and black looked amazing, the second thing I noticed was that there was no vendor decal in the box. Not a big deal I know but I like to support the manufacturers who's parts I use on my car by placing their decals on my front and or rear window.

Moving on, today I was off work due to my daughter having her tonsils removed and after her surgery I found myself with a couple of hours daylight left so I decided to install my new mount.

I jacked up the car, removed the OEM mount and upon trying to fit the new Massive mount noticed a major flaw. The large bushing was pressed in 180 degrees out. I quickly found myself between a rock and a hard place. I had a worn out old mount and a new part that would not fit.

I ended up going to the garage and using my bench grinder to remove enough material so the part would fit. This 30 - 45 minute job took an hour and a half factoring in time spent trying to fit the part before realizing it was assembled incorrectly and the time spent carefully grinding away the poly so I could make it work.

I think Massive needs to work harder to make sure things like this don't happen in the future as this is not something easy to remedy.

I am attaching pictures of the correctly assembled mount found on the site, the mount that was shipped to me, and the modification I had to do to get it to fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the old style mount from massive, plus my car is a 05. When I installed mine I just hammered it in. Then it was all good, stll have it till this day.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Huh. You are right. Backwards. We have been extremely swamped with the holiday rush, so this one must have gotten past us. Very sorry!!!

In the event that anyone ever had this issue again, the easiest way to remedy the situation would be to push out the gold colored zinc plated steel sleeve, and then the bushing can be rotated by hand.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Dude I just got the same mount and mine is exactly the same! Glad I found this thread. I'll have to tap out the sleeve and turn the bushing around.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just hammered my sleeve out and was able to rotate the bushing. All good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts