Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a "massacre" edition front strut brace. I installed it today. It appears that the bar won't fit correctly. It bumps into the clutch master cylinder reservoir connector. If I re-route the connecor, it will fit. But this is supose to be a direct bolt on...has anyone else had fitment problems?

The pictures are of the connecter re-routed.....it barely fits...

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Looks like it bolted on....

Aftermarket items, and sometimes factory ones, often take more "adjustment" than that to make 'em fit that isn't mentioned in the instructions.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
No, I wouldn't be.

From the pics & description it looks like you rerouted the harness around the bar instead of behind it for a better fit. Seems to be a good solution, better than letting it pinch behind the bar (if it would fit that way at all).

Wiring harness fit can vary between cars, if it seems too tight the main harness that comes off may be moveable to give a little more slack.

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
lol unplug ,run wire behind bar plug back in [screwy]

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
the center portion of that cap should turn once its loose IIRC then you can properly adjust it to fit behind the bar

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
like so

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
Hey bud,

The reason I don't have it like that is becuase IT WONT FIT THAT WAY...That's the whole reason I stated this thread.......
lol well you might want to check the wire and see if its stuck on or behind something not letting you run the wire right..
CUZ IT WILL FIT THAT WAY
i have had about 8 SVTS and a few others in the family and never had a problem [facepalm]

·
Registered
658 Posts
I took my cap off, ran it in front of the bar, and then over top and put it back on the master cylinder. I works just fine, and has been like that on 2 different focuses that I've owned. Never had any issue running it like that. Only thing is that the wire goes around the bar, and might drive some people crazy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts