Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just found them on their website. are they any good? are they worth the money? i have an 05 zx3 with the 2.0, i have a steeda cai and an mbrp exhaust. im lookin for more power they HAVE to be relyable [this is my daily driver].
any help is appreciated
thanx
tyler

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
All i can say is No, there worthless you gain little or no power. if your running a ton of boost an the spark is getting blowen out then it would be the time to buy them.

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
this topic has been posted many times the conclusion is spend your money on something else, fords OEM coil packs are some of the best out there. you'd be better off spending that dough on underdrive pulleys or something.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yes, as noted above...talked about on here a few times, and deemed a waste of money. stock is a great setup. one person i know did them personally (strung on here) and he said they were a waste of money. they just look good.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I said i wasent going to say anything yet, but feel the time may be right to chime in here. i have been working on a COP setup for the svt and have it completed now and has been sent off for dyno work to find the best balance for spark plugs. Wanted to say that ill be working on one for the regular zetec's next. Any of you interested in this, PM me. My kits are going to use all Ford parts and will be cheaper than any other kit you will find. My SVT kit will also fit under the factory svt cover on your valve cover. All you will see is three black wires coming out from the end of the cover. It will also have a plug and play pigtail. Meaning that all you have to do is splice into the coil harness behind your factory connector so you can swap back at any time you want.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I've always heard the OEM duratec COP are probably the best. I'd say go for something else since you have the basic upgrades for the duratec.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
I said i wasent going to say anything yet, but feel the time may be right to chime in here. i have been working on a COP setup for the svt and have it completed now and has been sent off for dyno work to find the best balance for spark plugs. Wanted to say that ill be working on one for the regular zetec's next. Any of you interested in this, PM me. My kits are going to use all Ford parts and will be cheaper than any other kit you will find. My SVT kit will also fit under the factory svt cover on your valve cover. All you will see is three black wires coming out from the end of the cover. It will also have a plug and play pigtail. Meaning that all you have to do is splice into the coil harness behind your factory connector so you can swap back at any time you want.
aw, mike, i thought you werent gonna bring them up til you got the dyno numbers back. will they work on the duratecs? how are they different? any pricing ideas?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
No, the duratec's dont need it in my opinion. The stock coils are pretty good to start with. Its just a COP setup is far more efficient than a coil and plug wires.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
oh okay, i gotcha.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Didnt mean to high jack your thread Tyler.

·
un1corn
2,703 Posts
I'd rather spend my money on something else. But just so you know, Leo Capaldi used them on one of his spec cars and highly praised them. He claimed they made the car run much better. It was someplace over on the Jet

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
^^^ wow, still want numbers. the $$$ it cost for them puppys they should have some kind of prove that they work. they massive told me a they were going to have a tb soon , that was 8 months ago. lol

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
yeah, no dyno...its like....um.......okay............

1 - 18 of 18 Posts