Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see the bolt is exposed a little so I might go get a nut and try to thread the not on the other side of the bolt. I don't want to have to pay for a new bracket.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I am going to probably go grab a longer bolt and see if I can get a nut behind it. Does anyone know how much it would be for a new bracket? If it's not too expensive , I'll just throw a new one in there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
id look in the part out lists here. someone will have one ( I cant believe its that high for a torque tho!) id look it up before you do it again

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah I just need the bracket. Now I might end up just drilling it out and finding a longer bolt and nut to hold it on there. Shouldn't make a huge difference.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
I don't think that torque spec. applies at all, at best it's for a different bracket (the steel one with a NUT on the other end of the bolt).

Note it specifies for a nut?

The 35 ft/lb. is prob. closer for the bolt into aluminum bracket, I'd just go with Gut-n-Tight instead of a spec. that doesn't match the circumstances.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I torques it to the 90ft lbs to the tranny bracket and it stripped it so now I'm screwed..
The dog bone mount 35ft lb. is max. driver side trans mount 5 bolts 4 outer bolts 35 ft.lb. 1 larger center bolt tighten nut for a 2007 2.0 duratec 98ft. lb. passenger side motor mount 3 bolts screw's into finder 35ft lb. 2 bolts and nuts screws on to motor
66 ft.lb. this is for 2006-2007 ford focus 2.0 and 2.3 .

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
The dog bone mount 35ft lb. is max. driver side trans mount 5 bolts 4 outer bolts 35 ft.lb. 1 larger center bolt tighten nut for a 2007 2.0 duratec 98ft. lb. passenger side motor mount 3 bolts screw's into finder 35ft lb. 2 bolts and nuts screws on to motor
66 ft.lb. this is for 2006-2007 ford focus 2.0 and 2.3 .
This^^^

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't think that torque spec. applies at all, at best it's for a different bracket (the steel one with a NUT on the other end of the bolt).

Note it specifies for a nut?

The 35 ft/lb. is prob. closer for the bolt into aluminum bracket, I'd just go with Gut-n-Tight instead of a spec. that doesn't match the circumstances.
I have a Haynes repair manual for ford focus 2000-2007 that I got these torque specifications from for my engine mounts. 2005 and earlier driver side bolt to motor
59 ft.-lb. 2006 and later motor mount 66 ft.-lb. it do not say how to toque the two
studs that goes into the motor before the nut. just wrote what was in the manual
as for the studs that comes out sometime when removing the passenger side motor mount I haven't seen anything about torqueing them that is the reason I made it plain
by saying nut.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ford focus 200-2007 Haynes Repair Manual based on a complete teardown and rebuild but if your gut say do it your way by all means go with your gut. not the tried and tested way. after all you know more than the engineers that build the car.just saying.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts