Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I upgrade to a 3inch intake pipe,will I have to change my mass air sensor for the added amount of air entering the engine. Or will the stock mass air do the job?

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
If you change your mass air pipe from stock size to 3 inch you will need a tune for it to run , the stock MAF electronics will be fine in a 3 inch tune but again a tune will be a MUST

Tom

·
Registered
596 Posts
tom i am about to clean my kn cai and i am wondering after a few weeks should i spray some type on cleaner of the maf. a guy here in tx, yes i moved from memphis to dfw said to do so. would that be a good idea? also i am going to do some data logging and need a price for a tune if you would think it necessary. it has a tune that is pretty current (done in memphis) on 93 oct., but with the change in temp, humidity and other environmental changes will the computer adjust for these changes? i have found that you are about the only one i can get a straight answer from. thanks

·
FF Affiliate
31,095 Posts
You need to be carefull any time you clean the filter and oil it that oil can go straight to the mass air and cause hugh issues where you have to clean it 3-4 times a day daily

Use a very very light film

As for the tune , the ECU has psi , alt , temp sensor that can adjust a good bit , I would get there give it a few months and see how it does and go from there

Tom

·
Registered
596 Posts
hey tom i haven't ever cleaned my kn cai and u said to us a light thin film of oil... should i get someone who's done this show me what thin means when cleaning my kn filter? cuz i have no idea what i would be doing? i dont want to f up when this could b a big prob if done wrong. i live in the ft worth area and am wondering if u know someone who might be willing to show me the correct way to clean this filter? again thanx tom. oh after data logging should i need to dyno tune it or can you....just check my profile and you will see what mods i have...just let me know and if possible should u b able to do a remote tune? price? sct x3 tuner/flasher. just let me know i just got a new management pc job and i will be able to either go to the local speed shop...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts