Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have it installed and i've had it for awhile no problems but its time for oil change now should i take it to the dealer? cuzz well im pretty sure it voids the warenty and it was such a pain to put in on i'ed hate to have to reinstall it...

·
Registered
231 Posts
I didnt remove mine for my oil change. They didnt say a word

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm ok when was i suposed to do my first oil change and also where are you located? state wise... why oh why did we pay for a stupid warrenty bah

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
http://www.fuelinjection.net/banks/gb_warranty.htm

It will not void your warrenty, only problems directly caused by a defect in the aftermarket item. If your MAF should fail, they could say that it was the cause. If your radiator fan stopped working, there is no connection, and cannot be denied.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Remember you dont have to go the dealer for an oil change you can go to jiffy lube or whatever. Just keep the receipt to prove you had it done. I never take my cars to dealers they charge too much and always find something wrong w your car.I take my car to Pep boys they do a change with mobil 1 + rotate the tires for $40 I dont think thats too bad cause mobil one is expensive. Its close and I can walk there. I bought my 17s there I got some sweet dark icons they sell some nice high performance tires for like $80. They installed my svt springs+roll bar.I got my power locks at a stereo shop for 100 less than the dealer wanted and they included a good alarm with engine stop. there is a tuner shop a few miles away from me and I talked to them and they were cool but seemed kind of flaky-I would rather go to a quack docter myself than take little red zed to a bad mechanic.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
mikeyp said:
Remember you dont have to go the dealer for an oil change you can go to jiffy lube or whatever. Just keep the receipt to prove you had it done. I never take my cars to dealers they charge too much and always find something wrong w your car.
Funny, thats what Jiffy Lube seems to do. "Um, you should rotate the air in your tires. We can do that for you..." [;)]

I agree, its easier and cheaper to do it yourself.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Egz said:
Funny, thats what Jiffy Lube seems to do. "Um, you should rotate the air in your tires. We can do that for you..." [;)]

I agree, its easier and cheaper to do it yourself.
Can't forget to change your blinker fluid.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
I haven't taken a car to a shop for an oil change in.....well, ever.

Never trust jackasses like pep boys etc., the grease monkeys there couldn't give an F about your car. Find a nice local shop where you can get to know the owner if you must go to have it done.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
focaltech said:
I haven't taken a car to a shop for an oil change in.....well, ever.

Never trust jackasses like pep boys etc., the grease monkeys there couldn't give an F about your car. Find a nice local shop where you can get to know the owner if you must go to have it done.
YES!!![thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

(And by the way, I have to wonder what they are using for an oil filter at Jiffy Screwed... thought the FL-910 was a dealer-only item at the moment...)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh yeah i agree if your a mechanic do your own work definatly I was just saying Ive been screwed by dealers too many times! If you can do your own rebuilds hop ups ect than for sure do it if you dont have tools knowledge ect Im saying dont go to a dealer I worded for three dealerships in the past amd lnow what goes on there-I dont care if you rank on jiffy lube I dont like them either But they do more changes than ayone in the world so maybe they know something abt it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If your dealer voids the warranty for a simple intake and exhaust mod then they are cocks and its time to find a new dealer [:D]

On my previous focus before the PZEV I had a intake/exhaust/race header/flex/TB/crower stage II cams/cam gears/fuel rail/MAFS.. etc etc every bolt-on

and they would always ask where I bought all my parts rather than giving me hell..its all about finding a good dealer thats willing to work with ya and then stick with them. [thumb]

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
soffiler said:
YES!!![thumb] [thumb] [thumb]

(And by the way, I have to wonder what they are using for an oil filter at Jiffy Screwed... thought the FL-910 was a dealer-only item at the moment...)
They are using the FL-400 which is too long and hangs down and gets knocked off when the car is pulled too close to a curb or parking block.

·
Registered
405 Posts
guerro said:
They are using the FL-400 which is too long and hangs down and gets knocked off when the car is pulled too close to a curb or parking block.
Jiffy Lube doesnt use motorcraft .... at least the ones I goto don't. They gave me a low profile filter equivilent to the fl-910, even if its not the same, its DEFINITLY not an fl-400s and its definitly small enough to clear any curb or whatnot. the dealers were giving me 400s's, jiffy lube actually gave me better service.

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
kaminari_croc said:
Jiffy Lube doesnt use motorcraft .... at least the ones I goto don't. They gave me a low profile filter equivilent to the fl-910, even if its not the same, its DEFINITLY not an fl-400s and its definitly small enough to clear any curb or whatnot. the dealers were giving me 400s's, jiffy lube actually gave me better service.
Well, I guess every Jiffy Boob cant be judged the same. But I have been to several and several other brand oil change services and have found them to be quite dumb. I just feel better doing it myself and knowing it got done and done right. I worry when other people do things to my car and I cant see what they are doing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well normaly i would do the change myself my mother hasn't had to take her's in for 2 years now i always just do it, but its just because it was the first oil change i took it to the dealership because they where having a nice deal only 20 buck i belive the put in semi sentedic it might have been full im not sure but i havn't had the time in the past few weeks to do it myself and my dealership is only down the street from my work, and they offer free shuddling. Well the shuttling was more like a guy trying to sell me a Mach1.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I do my own work for many of the same reasons mentioned and because I ALWAYS find something they didn't do right.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Ford dealer here in upstate NY charges $22.95 for an oil change...correct filter (FL-910)and semi synthetic oil. I have taken it in 3 times now. (I put 3000 miles on her a month [:(] ) They also only charge $10.00 to rotate the tires...or as some might say, the air in the tires. Total cost = $32.95...cheaper than pep boys. They also said nothing about the FC intake tucked unter the hood, nor should they.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The Pep boys price was for Mobil one thats much more expensive. they have an oil change + and rotation for 21.95 or something I think but I decided to only use Mobil one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts