Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else with a MM Intake experienced this?

I keep blowing out that isolator (the rubber piece with the two bolts on either end of it) that attaches the intake to the frame. One of the "bolts" just comes unattached and I'm left with a saggy intake.

It seems like every year for the past 3-4 years that I'm out there tearing things apart to replace it, and well, its getting sort of annoying.

Or, could there be a bigger issue at hand? The motor mounts look good (only thing I could think of that would cause the motor to torque forward/backward to stress that piece out).

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Never had that problem with mine.

Even if the mounts are perfect that rubber allows a lot of movement of the engine. I'd suggest just throwing the $20 poly inserts into your stock dog bone mount to cut down on the rotational movement.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Mines been fine too. So youre saying over time one of the bolts backs out on you? are you using a lock washer on there? loctite?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Are you over tightening it. Those types of mounts are very weak and break when over tightened. (It's the design)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the rubber comes loose from the bolt portion.

I'll go get a replacement and not tighten them so tight this time. I guess tighten them until the lock washer starts doing it's job, and call it a day?

Been wanting to replace the bushings in the mounts anyways, so this is as good excuse as any to tell the wife. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts