Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that.. and all I can say is Wow..

if someone I gave 800$ to did that to me, I would be PISSED.

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
I knew there was a reason that I have never even thought of ordering from them, thanks for the heads up.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I've heard/read WAY too many horror stories about poor communication from him. His products may be deemed some of the best out there, but I personally think you're on crack if you think paying for something, then waiting months and months to get it, is an acceptable business practice, and worse that you'd continue to support a company (no matter how big or small) who operates this way. Out of principle I would never order one of his products, from him or any of the vendors who offers them. His arrogance in that thread is unbelievable, unprofessional and says a lot about his business ethics, and more importantly what he thinks of his customers.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think he forgot who butters his bread...

Absolutely poor attitude. I agree with the guy who started the thread, though personally I don't WANT my hand held, I would like to know as to what kind of time frame I'm looking at.

Personally, the McNews guys have been phenomenal, and Wayne has been very good as well. Jeremy at FocusSalvage however, has not...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Good hint!, i'll never buy anything there, he's happy with his products i'm with my money

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
OandAWOW said:
I think he forgot who butters his bread...

Absolutely poor attitude. I agree with the guy who started the thread, though personally I don't WANT my hand held, I would like to know as to what kind of time frame I'm looking at.

Personally, the McNews guys have been phenomenal, and Wayne has been very good as well. Jeremy at FocusSalvage however, has not...
Wayne has? After just returning from his 3 week hiatus?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
OandAWOW said:

What's wrong with focus salvage. I ordered a part towards the end of last week, item went out monday and I got the email with the tracking number saying it went out. Now it is only a matter of time before I get it. I feal that is reasonable. Things like this happen with small companies. I waited like 2 or 3 weeks when I ordered a tune for my old ranger from a small company, It was worth it though. When I am ordering a part from a company like focus salvage, I wmail them first and ask if it is stock.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Duffman355 said:
What's wrong with focus salvage. I ordered a part towards the end of last week, item went out monday and I got the email with the tracking number saying it went out. Now it is only a matter of time before I get it. I feal that is reasonable. Things like this happen with small companies. I waited like 2 or 3 weeks when I ordered a tune for my old ranger from a small company, It was worth it though. When I am ordering a part from a company like focus salvage, I wmail them first and ask if it is stock.
I ordered an SVT lip front him in July 2005. On the site it said in stock. It was payed by paypal and I waited...and waited...and waited...

I emailed Jeremy and asked what the status was and I got no response. So I emailed again telling him that he's had my money for a good month and a half and I'm still waiting with no update, and he replied asking for my name and purchase date. I replied with the info. and got no response from that email. I also made it a point that I wasn't whining that it wasn't there, I just wanted an update as to approx. how long it'd be. I also bleieve that he said he was waiting on some from Ford, yet his site said they were in stock the whole time. Now to my own fault I actually forgot about the damn thing for a couple months and he has not responsed to any emails after that. I gave up, and now I'm waiting for a response from paypal to get my 72 dollars back. Too much aggravation for a lip...

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
All that I can say is that the thread starter over on FJ had every legitimate reason to forewarn any other would be customers of what they're about to walk into. I don't think that he was bashing MM at all, but just stating the facts of his experience. Personally, I'm glad that he posted what he went through. I won't say that I'll never buy from MM, but if customer service is a real strain over there, there are people who are dying to work for way less then what a certified tech makes. Somebody out there would be plenty happy to keep in contact with processing orders and such for $7 or $8 bux an hour PART-TIME. That's all that I think that would really steer him in the right direction in winning back some customers.

Good business is spread by word of mouth and it can easily be lost the same way...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
one-man business or not... there's no excuse for not communicating with the customer.
bad move from marcy. he's gonna loose a lot of customers after his posts on that thread.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I am sad people will see this thread.

I have had excellent business relations with Walter Marcy. Products are 100% quality, shipping is prompt. Unless you didn't read this first.
-----------
Notice to everyone reading this: (This single step saves everyone the hassles above)
IF YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR PART, IF YOU MUST HAVE IT IMMEDIATELY AFTER ORDERING, OR IN A SPECIFIC TIME FRAME, DON'T CLICK THE ORDER BUTTON WITHOUT CHECKING TO SEE IF IT IS IN STOCK, OR AVAILABLE IN A TIME FRAME ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, FIRST!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
OandAWOW said:
I ordered an SVT lip front him in July 2005. On the site it said in stock. It was payed by paypal and I waited...and waited...and waited...

I emailed Jeremy and asked what the status was and I got no response. So I emailed again telling him that he's had my money for a good month and a half and I'm still waiting with no update, and he replied asking for my name and purchase date. I replied with the info. and got no response from that email. I also made it a point that I wasn't whining that it wasn't there, I just wanted an update as to approx. how long it'd be. I also bleieve that he said he was waiting on some from Ford, yet his site said they were in stock the whole time. Now to my own fault I actually forgot about the damn thing for a couple months and he has not responsed to any emails after that. I gave up, and now I'm waiting for a response from paypal to get my 72 dollars back. Too much aggravation for a lip...
You have to understand that this isn't his full-time job. He does this on the side. He has a full-time job and a wife and 2 kids so he can't be on the computer all the time. I've have nothing but good things to say about him.

Anyway, let's get back to our regularly scheduled thread.....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^ well he's obviously got plenty of time to get on focal jet and flame his customers. all they want is a little communication about their orders. i know exactly what they're talking about, i've been waiting on my FC TB for a month and a half. when i ordered, it said nothing about back order or anything. i emailed him, no response. i called, and got nothing but attitude. 2 weeks ago when i called, he said he was shipping them out that day and the next, and said he would put me down for being shipped THAT DAY. it's been two weeks. no communication, no TB. i'm getting my money back.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I completely understand where that cdm331 dood is coming from...being a small business still doesn't make it right to ignore your customers. I have dealt with many small businesses and none of which completely ignore their customers for weeks on end.

The part that aggravates me the most are his condescending posts towards his customers...that was completely uncalled for.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
InfraRedHB said:
All that I can say is that the thread starter over on FJ had every legitimate reason to forewarn any other would be customers of what they're about to walk into. I don't think that he was bashing MM at all, but just stating the facts of his experience. Personally, I'm glad that he posted what he went through. I won't say that I'll never buy from MM, but if customer service is a real strain over there, there are people who are dying to work for way less then what a certified tech makes. Somebody out there would be plenty happy to keep in contact with processing orders and such for $7 or $8 bux an hour PART-TIME. That's all that I think that would really steer him in the right direction in winning back some customers.

Good business is spread by word of mouth and it can easily be lost the same way...
Exactly ^^^ Communication is key, I think if most people (myself included) KNEW that a part was backordered or would be delayed, they'd be more understanding. If companies would only communicate better (hiring the part-time worker as you suggested), I think that would bring a lot of peace of mind to people who've ordered parts and are waiting. Unreturned phone calls, emails or PMs don't exactly give comfort. It's a very simple practice, and why so many companies (not just the one in question) don't practice it, is beyond me. It's business suicide in todays market.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
^ well he's obviously got plenty of time to get on focal jet and flame his customers. all they want is a little communication about their orders. i know exactly what they're talking about, i've been waiting on my FC TB for a month and a half. when i ordered, it said nothing about back order or anything. i emailed him, no response. i called, and got nothing but attitude. 2 weeks ago when i called, he said he was shipping them out that day and the next, and said he would put me down for being shipped THAT DAY. it's been two weeks. no communication, no TB. i'm getting my money back.

I hope you know I was talking about Focussalvage and not MM.

·
Registered
894 Posts
OandAWOW,

Please drop me a PM..........There were issues with email and not having the Paypal info to go back and find the transaction.......

If there there is problems with my orders, I always make good on them(either by ordering them elsewhere or a refund).......

I know I'm not the fastest person, I try to get back to people as soon as I can.........

Sorry to Jack the Thread.........

·
Cashed in my chips
2,837 Posts
I'll vouch for Jeremy...not only did he give me a sweet deal on a full set of Recaros, but he installed them for me in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant! He's a great guy, and if he dropped the ball on communication, I am certain it wasnt intentional.

[thumb]

·
Registered
762 Posts
The FJ thread shows what a dual edged sword a forum can be for a vendor. Start a thread about how good a vendor is and everyone is happy. Post something negative about a vendor and let the fireworks begin. When you market your business through an internet forum, you open yourself up to the possibility for both good and bad feedback from forum members.

The senior FJ members seemed to think that the whole transaction between Marcy and the thread starter should have stayed a private matter. So, what are the rules concerning FJ sponsers??? Only report good vendor experiences and stay quiet if things go bad?

As for Marcy Motorsports, I applaud them for there quality products and their continued support for the Focus community. Anyone that would take on a business like that on top of a full-time job and family has my respect. I just wish he had been more understanding and open to the thread starters perspective...he just wanted one single acknowledgement concerning his order.

Instead, the thread starter was basically told by Marcy and the senior FJ members to shut up and go away. How is that supporting your forum members?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts