Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking the oil today after driving 700 miles this weekend and i saw 2 things that pissed me off!,... #1 my marcy intake has some rust spots on it (now i know Y most intakes are aluminum), and #2 I dont know why they leave those lil openings in the front part of the strut enclosure ther is all salt and crap in there and I can see that rusting out in no time

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
lol, sounds like some focus central quality. hope u get a freeby outta this

·
Registered
386 Posts
hum...I have the marcy motorsports CAI and it seems to be running fine here. Might want to e-mail walter on that deal. you can check out pictures of my intake on my car domain.

www.cardomain.com/id/turbo989

·
Registered
245 Posts
What is the big problem with Focus Central KicknZx3? I don't use anything from them, but now I'm afraid to, after seeing how much you hate them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whell, I am not trying to get get a free lunch here I am just saying the marcy CAI is starting to get some rust spots on the upper part and around the welds ... probly cause it is made out os regular exhaust tubing

·
Registered
386 Posts
naw, focus central stuff ownz. I have got their short shifter and it is awesome in my car. They are very specialized and I've only heard good things! Problems in question was the Marcy Motorsports...I personally have the intake myself and it is fine here. I have pictures on the car domain for you to see for yourself

·
Registered
245 Posts
They seem to be a very reputable company. No one els emakes as many aftermarket parts. But, I'm sure UncommonCustoms and KicknZX3 aren't making it all up.[scratch]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Pictures prove the case and a Picture paints a thousand words...click the link already!

·
Registered
245 Posts
OK, my stuff is still great, too. We live in CA. We don't have any idea what rust means. I lived in MI for 18 years. FC should have expected customers in inclimate weather. Uncommon has rust, I doubt hes making it up.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
pitchblack...if u have aol, msg me and i will discuss them. sorry to interrupt :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
No, No, I was in sales, I can underdstand, Kckn. Just PM with the situation. I (obviously) am quick on the mods and I would like to know why not to buy FC.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a rust spot aswell. However, it is were I bumped the pipe with a screw driver and scraped off some coating. It is an easy fix, and I plan to repaint the intake anyways.

Although, I would like the coating to be a little stronger.....I did not hit it that hard.

Pzev

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I have had mine on for a few thousand miles now, i think around 4k actually, and have had zero problems with it. If you have a problem call Walter. Don't bash a good guy that makes good parts without first talking to him. I have spoken with him a number of times and he has always impressed me. He has always stressed that if anyone has any problems with his parts that they are to call him and not air dirty laundry out on a forum untul they have talked with hm.
That said, steel rusts, period. If it has iron and carbon in it it will rust, water and salt speed that up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My intention by starting this thread was not to put down marcy products,.. I am verry pleased with the fit and quality but it just sucks that it is starting to rust only after a month or so of being installed... I may send it out to be chromed if I feel like not driving my car for a week

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
Lets see some pics of the "problem". I want to see exactly how much rust you are talking about.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts