Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2.5 Dura offering is no longer listed on the MM site. For that matter, no built Dura engine is listed on the MM site anymore.

Anybody got any idea what gives?

·
Registered
170 Posts
He will only be offering products that are more in-demand, things like his CAI and BS delete.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It's what happens when nobody mans up with cash.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Think its good odds I'm getting the last of the MM heads?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
aero_student said:
It's what happens when nobody mans up with cash.
Well not everyone has money to just go and blow on a car, especially when parts are expensve. Like a damn header for the duratec cost around 400 bucks!!! I mean come on, seriously....

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
yeah, its depressing sometimes. but there are still the few that are out there.

·
Banned
23 Posts
I got to meet Walter his last weekend at the track. He's a real nice guy but I guess he's had some family issues (mainly having two babys) and got a bigger house but its way far away from his shop.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The full scoop, direct from Walter can be found over at FJ.

It's sad to see the 2.5L go before it was ever really born. Who knows for sure, but I always figured once one or two were out here the word would have spread and created a steady demand for them.

IIRC, Walter stated you could still get the parts from him for a 2.5L. You would just have to find your own shop to bore out the block and press in the sleeves.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Egz said:
Think its good odds I'm getting the last of the MM heads?
probably egz. which sucks cause no one else is doing head work except for that compnay in england.... hows the build coming btw??? gonna be coming to summit point in august???

·
Registered
53 Posts
So does that mean that NO ONE offers a stroker now?? I just paid off my Zetec and wanted to trade it in for a Duratec. But if I can't get a stroker for the Duratec, I will keep the Zetec and get a Focus-power stroker...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I think Tom offers stroker kits for the Dura, i think his goes up to a 2.6, which is what i want to eventually do...

·
Registered
53 Posts
1turbofocus said:

We will keep doing the Long and Short blocks for the Zetec and Dura engine and ONLY the strokers kits for the Zetec as well as ported heads for both. We will keep the Billet Mains and the VCT Elim
Tom
I took that as he builds strokers for the Zetec only since its in all CAPS...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
That sucks balls....looks like custom is the only way to go right now...[:(]

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
All you have to do is call dart and get them to sleeve the block and call supertec for pistons.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
craigb3 said:
probably egz. which sucks cause no one else is doing head work except for that compnay in england.... hows the build coming btw??? gonna be coming to summit point in august???
Still waiting on one or two parts. The short block is assembled, and I just trailored the car down to my new house yesterday. Once I get the garage floor epoxied, I can push the car in there and finish removing the engine. All thats left in there is the engine mounts, and the bolts to the transmission, and its ready to yank.

I sure hope it will be ready by August. [:0]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts