Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 2004 ZX3 with 2.3L mated to Auto. 165,000 miles. It's a project between my brother and I. He is an over the road expeditor so I will be doing most of work while he helps with some parts sourcing. The picture is how I bought it.. I already took the chrome strip and that front plate off. LOL

Current mods
- SLP Hood
- Focus RS suspension
- Baer front brakes
- SVT rear brakes
- SVT wheels
- Focus RS seats and steering wheel
- Borla Catback
- Full lenght CAI
- Focus Central oil and ps caps
- Autolite AR103 plugs

Mods coming before FF14
- Massive oil baffle
- Massive BSD
- Massive water pump underdrive pulley
- TSW REVO 17" with Hankook R-S3
- 6 point cage???
- fiberglass race buckets
- trailer hitch to tow race tires
[race]

It will be in whatever track events are at FF!!

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was at a shop I deal with. It met a curb and they attempted to fix it. They couldn't figure out the problem. Luckily I am both a great parts guy and a good enough mechanic!! I figured out what it had, and what it needed to be fixed. It is driveable now and I am slowly going through everything once the weather gets warm enough to endure a few hours outside. Plus I need to move the SHO out of the garage, but it's just too icy for my to want to do that to it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thats a cool hood! I think it would be awesome to somehow integrate this into that hood! Functional flaps in the scoop would be badass!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Currently the hood wouldn't direct air to the correct spot even if it was open. It's made for an SVT/Zetec. Having the Duratec I might actually gut the inside of the hood to make it cool the exhaust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea. It's auto for now. It will be swapped out eventually. For now tho I tossed on a big cooler with Mobil1 trans fluid.

Ran my first track event in it last Monday. Did pretty well, but it was only 45* so the rear tires couldnt warm up enough to get grip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
blew the engine at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, so no more Focus Fest for me.

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
damn that sucks dude

1 - 13 of 13 Posts