Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it took me awhile, but here are my results. let me tell you that i am happy that the no a/c test is over in NC. that was a bad one. and here are the results. they are rounded to how many gallons i got bofore the ding went off before i had to refill

with bp and ac: i got 221
with others and ac: 183
with others and no ac: 216
with bp and no ac: 267

i wasnt being biased. but i did average the others as one. but they didnt come close to the bp. i know ford recommends bp, but i didnt think the results would be so extreme. i know my results arent draw dropping. its probably because i drive like a bat out of hell. but i do that with all brands.

and these results are city driving. i get much better on highway but havent had the time to try that.

anyone else notice this?

bri

·
Registered
167 Posts
A few weeks ago I drove down to Florida and I found your gas to be much better than the gas I get here in Quebec but I also found Mobil to be the best one. BP was pretty good too and Sunoco was just ok.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I have one BP station in my area and its on the complete otherside of town, so i use citgo.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I had similar results, but got better fuel economy with Kroger fuel. Someone on here mentioned that the quality of the fuel has more to do with the tanks in the ground than the fuel supplier. I firmly believe that since I've gotten similar fuel results from el-cheapo Pilot fuel on the highway as I did with the Kroger fuel in Memphis. If you have a choice when you're on the road, pick a new station over an old one.

Everyone should experiment with fuel stations in their own town to see which one is the best. I've noticed as much as a 3 mpg difference between fuels from brand X and brand Y. That's definately worth investigation with fuel as pricey as it is.

Some day I hope to experiment with diesel fuels in my brand new Ford Focus Duratorque here in North America. [pray]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts