Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all name is Tim and I'm from Cincinnati. Just bought an 04 ford focus svt hatchback and decided to join up with you fine folks for some words of wisdom. I am new to the svt world so my biggest concerns are general maintainence, such as, recommended fluids, plugs, wires, brakes all the routine stuff that one would need to know to properly care for this car. I am an overall ford enthusiast and am blown away to officially be a part of the svt family and now this one. I also am noticing that this poor little car has gone through a phase of a fast and furious car owner as a lot of the original parts have been switched with, in my opinion, less then average accessories, so in addition to the maintenance parts looking for advice for svt parts and where to get them. Looking for your input and I will try to input what I can along the way being a backyard mechanic myself. Until then keep em rolling!!!

·
Meh.
10,587 Posts
Welcome!

Hands down the most important thing you need to do is replace the timing belt or at least determine how old it is. A lot of the other stuff will help keep the car running in tip top shape, but the timing belt is one thing that can kill the car in an instant.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good time I am aware that is an issue in this year of car any one in particular I am all about quality

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim. Cincinnati area here myself. I am out east near Amelia. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Super Moderator
9,524 Posts
I will keep that in mind. I am in milford so if I get in over my head nice to know so.eone is close
Have you ever been to the car show they have in Milford every Friday, April to October? There is also going to be another get together called Cars & Coffee that is supposed to start on March 30th at Little Miama Brewing Company.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car show in the Kroger parking lot i stumbled across it last year once and it was pretty impressive, haven't heard of the cars and coffee but sounds cool I love me some coffee

·
Registered
31 Posts
Waynesville here...small world. Rocking an 05 Saleen N20, and in the same boat. New owner of an older car, trying to get what I got solid to then think about upgrades.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts