Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks to BC_ZX3 for all the help with my "new" car.

I've got an oil leak in my 2002 SE Wagon w/ the Zetec engine. It leaves a spot about dead center (a little toward the passenger side) and towards the back of the engine.

A cursory examine shows the leak to come off the aft subframe cross member. It looks like it is dripping down from a sensor(?) on the back side of the engine below the intake manifold?

There's a little leakage around the valve cover gasket, but not enough to account for the amount of oil on the driveway.

At first I thought it might be ATF because of the reddish color. But it seems the previous owner damn-near filled the crankcase with "stop leak" or something similar.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Your describing the location of the oil filter and oil pressure sensor switch. (Passenger side, rear of block.) The switch is above and to the left of the filter itself. The sensor turns on your low oil pressure light when the oil pressure falls below about 10 lbs/in.

Someone on here just had the exact same problem - turned out to be the oil filter seal was weeping or not sealing properly. An oil change with a new filter cured it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts