Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allrighty, i've purchased the only short throw shifter available for the spi's manual trans, and was thinking further along the lines of what else could be done to aid shifting. I came to the realization that my friend that has a porshe installed a short throw shifter, and found that there was also another kit availible to shorten the levers at the transmission thereby reducing shift throw even further. Just wondering if anyone had tried looking into such a modification for these trannys or if there would be a desire to do so.

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah, no kidding. i went from driving my ranger (stick) to the svt and im impressed with the shifter feel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i was thinking something that would reduce throws by maybe 20%, so combined with the 20ish% of the focus central short throw shifter, it would be down to 65% of the original shift distance. (approx 2 3/4" from 4.5" measured from the top of the thread) It would provide an alternative to buying another shifter, or giving people a choice as to how short they really want to go. I would imagine that the install of said part would be much more difficult than the shifter install however.

I was thinking for the spi's tranny, as that's the car i have, not sure what the shifting distance is for the other trannys or the shifter feel. With the shifter i have the feel is quite nice, but i just think it would be a heck of alot nicer if it was even shorter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.