Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get a crap ton of throttle lag, I have to slip the shit out of the transmission to get off the line quickly. Kinda hairy if you need to jump in front of traffic. I chirp the tires every time I'm at a stoplight on a hill.

I know my 07 Mercedes C class did this too, but I could buy something to plug into the OBD port that would kill the lag.

Is something like this available for the Focus?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Doubtful that anything would be out yet. Most people have been praising the transmission and pickup with the manual equipped cars... post a video of your issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I will have to do that later.

I've been driving a manual car of some kind for 15 years, but I think I will have to change the clutch before the lease is up.

I think the problem is that the ecu won't let the throttle open 100% below 2500 rpm. It feels more like 30%.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Ok I will have to do that later.

I've been driving a manual car of some kind for 15 years, but I think I will have to change the clutch before the lease is up.

I think the problem is that the ecu won't let the throttle open 100% below 2500 rpm. It feels more like 30%.
Probably not. It's designed for fuel economy and even with the manual it might have some kind of traction control electronic limitation.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Manual vs Automatic speed

Which one is faster? I ended up ordering the SEL manual because I test drove the titanium, albeit not in sport mode and only in D. I wish i could have tested in sport mode as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can get an SEL with a 5 speed in Canada???

No fair [bigcry]
yes... but Europe has the best version... SEL is great, but i wanted TI mostly for the Intelligent Key, but chose the functionality of manual transmission vs IA Key.

here's a video on youtube showing a ford focus with IA + push button start but with manual transmission...GRRR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2fC8fdRNw

and yes, I feel your pain, I'm sorry!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, that's only a five speed gearbox in that vid, we also get a 6-speed as well. I'll post up some pictures of my car, when I get it, showing the differences between the UK and US spec'd cars.
Chris

·
Registered
283 Posts
yes... but Europe has the best version... SEL is great, but i wanted TI mostly for the Intelligent Key, but chose the functionality of manual transmission vs IA Key.

here's a video on youtube showing a ford focus with IA + push button start but with manual transmission...GRRR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2fC8fdRNw

and yes, I feel your pain, I'm sorry!
Ahh, but you don't then that we in Canada will be able to purchase the Titanium with the 5-speed soon. All the Canadian brochures list a 5-speed transmission on the TI as late availability.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ahh, but you don't then that we in Canada will be able to purchase the Titanium with the 5-speed soon. All the Canadian brochures list a 5-speed transmission on the TI as late availability.
My sales guy said he has no idea about the manual ti coming out in the future. I had to show him the brochure too. I don't mind waiting another year if that's how long it takes, but it may be too late to cancel my factory order...:s

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do notice a bit of throttle lag myself but i have adjusted my driving to make up for the slight lag. i usually launch around 1000 rpm with minimal slipping of the clutch.

Took a while to get down at first but practice makes perfect! Eventually you will get the feel for it [:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.