Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swapped a 5speed tranny for a 6speed SVT. My zx3 synchros are about gone and was quoted about over $600 bucks to fix it and my car has 90k miles on it. I found an SVT tranny in a junkyard with 20K miles on it for $300. What else needs to be done to convert. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
i would talk to v6focus on here. i know he's done the swap before and could tell you exactly what you'd need.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
you will need a flywheel from a svt focus or a aftermarket one ( the after market one is recommended because the svt is heaver than the zetec one) shift linkage and I beileve the shifter too. I would use the search button to find anything else this is just the stuff off the top of my head that I can remeber.

But one ?'s why would you want the SVT's transmission its geared taller than the MTX ours is better for racing and the svts's is better for auto crossing?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info but I thought the SVT tranny was better for racing...my sources could be wrong...I will go to the transmission shop tomorrow and see how much it would be...thanks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts