Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my car shifting into third takes a fair amount of patience to get it to go without grinding a tad. Thinking the syncro for third might need adjustment. Anybody have similar issues?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
umm... there is no "synchro adjustment". Gearbox removal and synchro replacement is your only option (providing it's not an unrelated issue such as a leaking clutch slave cylinder but that would show on all gears.) Slowly selecting third and giving the worn synchronizers more time to work is the only short term remedy i.e. no quick shifts.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ya I had 3rd gear go in two mtx75 transmissions. My suggestion is look for a used one dont bother with trying to fix it. If the gears on the output shaft are messed up its a pain to even attempt to fix. Its all press fit and you can only buy the syncro's and bearings, if you try to buy any press on gears the dealer will tell you they are "non-serviceable". You can imagin my reaction to the parts guy when I walked out to my car and brought him in an entire box with a "non-serviceable" output shaft fully disassembled in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts