Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://imgur.com/a/UMICH

@6,213 Km, received "Advanced Eco Driver" notification. I checked my scores but I was still missing one petal for "Gear Shifting". Weird.

@6,216 Km, I got my last Gear Shifting petal!

BTW, driving this way SUCKS!

My "normal" shift patterns:
1 to 2 = 2500 RPM
2 to 3 = 2300 RPM
3 to 4 = 2100 RPM
4 to 5 = 2000 RPM approx. 50 km/hr

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I have all the petals on the three separate flowers nearly all the time but never the eco trophy.
I do not know why.
Tonight i went on a freeway loop I like to test on, 20 miles around, and I got another 49.7mpg average for the distance driving a steady 47mph on cruise.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have all the petals on the three separate flowers nearly all the time but never the eco trophy.
I do not know why.
Tonight i went on a freeway loop I like to test on, 20 miles around, and I got another 49.7mpg average for the distance driving a steady 47mph on cruise.
Hi Elizabeth,

47 Mph (73.6 Km/hr) is too slow, the Consuptions for the car as published by Ford and all other cars are at 100 Km/hr which is 62.5 Mph (Highway driving ). This is to set common ground to compare fuel consuption between cars.
If you want to prove that your car can do what Ford says it can do, which is (Manual transmission: 26 city/36 hwy/30 combined mpg) 36 Highway you need to drive at 62.5 MPH.

My car can do it, I've recently driven 1056Km at an average speed of 100 Km/hr and achieved 6.3l /100 km at the pumps which is 37.34 MPG. Ford is not lying.
What I cannot achieve is the city driving figures, But then there are too many variables involved. And yes I've been champion a couple of times.
I am really enjoying this car, And it sounds like you are loving yours as well.
Regards.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The cruise control does not work in 1/2 mph increments.. would you take 63mph?
I can go try it tomorrow. I would have to do some other place than the loop, as it has 50mph areas and five mph over is ok as is anything over 45mph.. But more than ten over is a possible ticket.
I would have to go to another freeway area with a 65mph speed limit and do it two ways.
i'm betting a 42mpg average or better......
My city mpg is way over the Ford estimate. But I avoid multiple stoplight nighmare streets like the plague now. Nightmare where one changes green then the next is not synchro, but turns red just as you get there, and the next too. Like some crazed fool set them up to annoy as many as possible. (Or to stop folks from driving there at all, just annoy them to some other streets...!)

·
Registered
362 Posts
We just got ours in heavy traffic in OC, MD for the fall cruise weekend. I was shocked to be honest!

·
Registered
968 Posts
FYI, 100kph is only 62.1mph.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have gotten advanced eco driver all the time, problem is with city traffic it kills anticipation :( so i have not gotten the trophy yet

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,

47 Mph (73.6 Km/hr) is too slow, the Consuptions for the car as published by Ford and all other cars are at 100 Km/hr which is 62.5 Mph (Highway driving ). This is to set common ground to compare fuel consuption between cars.
If you want to prove that your car can do what Ford says it can do, which is (Manual transmission: 26 city/36 hwy/30 combined mpg) 36 Highway you need to drive at 62.5 MPH.

My car can do it, I've recently driven 1056Km at an average speed of 100 Km/hr and achieved 6.3l /100 km at the pumps which is 37.34 MPG. Ford is not lying.
What I cannot achieve is the city driving figures, But then there are too many variables involved. And yes I've been champion a couple of times.
I am really enjoying this car, And it sounds like you are loving yours as well.
Regards.
1/2 MV^2 the faster a vehicle travels the more energy needs to be dumped into. (In lamens terms)

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Went out today, on way back travelling east at 62mph with a s.e. headwind of 10 to 14mph i got 41.2mpg.
Hard to maintain a perfect cruise with traffic, but it was over 40mi distance..

·
Registered
418 Posts
You're getting about 5 MPG better than what Ford promises.
That is very good. I think they added a margin of safety.
In Canada they promise better MPG than in the US 42.77 MPG Highway as opposed to 36 MPG in US. Maybe the petrol is better in Canada ??

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
You're getting about 5 MPG better than what Ford promises.
That is very good. I think they added a margin of safety.
In Canada they promise better MPG than in the US 42.77 MPG Highway as opposed to 36 MPG in US. Maybe the petrol is better in Canada ??
LOL!
Canadians get more because the measure of a 'gallon' in canada is an additional 25% larger than a US gallon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

US gallon is 3.79 liters
and the 'imperial gallon' (Canadian and U.K.) is 4.546 liters.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the trophy once when I was trying as hard as I could to get it. Normal driving for me involves shifting each gear around 4k, so I'm usually nowhere near an eco driver.

·
Registered
418 Posts
LOL!
Canadians get more because the measure of a 'gallon' in canada is an additional 25% larger than a US gallon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallon

US gallon is 3.79 liters
and the 'imperial gallon' (Canadian and U.K.) is 4.546 liters.
Hi Elizabeth,
I did my homework, they say the 5 SPD manual does 5.5 l/100 km which is actually 42.77 MPG US.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts