Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi men...hope you can help with this strange problem...the deal is that my ZX3 2003 Manual Transmission have the "check engine" light on, I scanned the car and the result was that my TPS Sensor was bad, I just bought a new one. The problem was that when I started to place the new TPS I realized that the old TPS (placed on my car) was the TPS for an automatic transmission Focus not for Manual Transmission...so I tough: "ok thats why the TPS failed" but NO.....because when I was trying to place the new TPS (it has like ******** circle around it) i notice that it doesnt fit on my car! So why my car had a TPS for automatic transmission? And why when I asked for my real TPS for manual trans...it doesnt fit on my car? Please help me with this because my car is not giving me the power it could give

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
take the old TPS up with you and get the same replacement. get the auto TPS if thats what fits and you had before, maybe you got a wonk ass ride bro.

·
Registered
17,173 Posts
Did you replace the IAC gasket? Vacuum leak.

TPS should not have to rotate into place if you have the correct one and you don't use a scope to set them either, you can do it with a $10 voltmeter. But shouldn't need to 'set' them anyway, correct one will start and run perfectly by simply bolting it in.

When you unplug sensors the PCM substitutes electrical values that have worked before.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Cant buy the same TPs I had before because it wont work because it rotational movement goes counter clockwise and the acelerator body on my car goes clockwise movement...so it will break the TPS...or at least thats what I think...and the second commentI did not understand jaja sorry but Im not very into this "cars things" and that technical words you used got me confused

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
bring your old TPS and have them cross ref the number but, amc brought up a good point when you swapped your IAC (Idle air control valve did you replace the IAC gasket aswell?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No men...I dont even know thay valve is that...do you know thename of that IAC in spanish? Or where the valve is ubicated? Only thing I want is to feel the power of my car because with this TPs the car feels slow and without power

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You posted to an old thread, which included questions on the IAC. MUCH less confusion if you had made your own for your own problem.

I'll make this it's own thread now, but it's still going to be confusing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Get a TPS for a 2003 automatic. Just that simple. I had the same issue with my TPS when I went to replace it.

To take it a step further, another 2003 quirk is with the belt. The 2002 belt is what fit my car instead of the belt recommended for the 2003. The PCV setup might be for a 2002 as well. Mine was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No bro..if I buy the TPS for automatic transmission the problem wont be solved cuz as I wrote earlier, that TPS has different rotational movement with my aceleration body so it wont.work....I'll clean my IAC tomorrow but that wont solve my lack of power problem :(

·
Registered
17,173 Posts
You have obviously had someone look up the wrong TPS....................

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know whats the weirdest thing? That my cousin went to the Ford Agency and asked for the correct TPS for my 2003 zx3.and they gave him the.little TPS with the ******** circle....other fact that I was thinking is that my TPS Connector could be wrong...maybe??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts