Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

A few quick questions.

I have a 2000 zx3 with the standard side mirrors. I've been looking at aftermarket mirrors (due to the passange side mirror cables being all messed up)

I was curious if anyone has done a manual Mirror to Power Mirror install. If so, what, in addition to ordering Power Mirrors, must i also buy? I'm no stranger to Wiring, so i'm not as afraid of that aspect, i'm just curious if i need to buy additional parts, or if the Aftermarket power mirrors come with the switch that is installed to the interior panel.

Also, Does one panel control both mirrors? or is there an power mirror adjustment knob on each side of the car?

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
249 Posts
If I'm correct it's just on the driver side. But I am too looking into this for myself (not to steal the thread) but I was looking at the M3 mirror mod and was wondering if their power mirrors would work on the Focus. I have a 2002 ZX3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same thing I'm looking to do.

I looked at the thread with all the Misc. Information about various mods, and it said that Ebay was generally the place to go.

Can anyone attest to the quality of the Ebay mirrors? Do they parallel stock mirrors?

Also, if Ebay is not the place to go, can anyone point me (us) in the right direction to get all the necessary parts?

Thanks!

-D. J.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
the fitment issue should be no biggie, but im not sure what is required to make your manual mirrors become powered

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
only one switch on the drivers door panel, twist to select the mirror then move it around.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Bringing up an old thread because I have the same issue and have not found the answer, what is required to convert non power to power mirrors?

Thanks in advance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts