Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get a general idea of what diameter piping would be good to run for a turbo manifold?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
If I was gonna build one for that car I'd go at least 1.75" ID pipe. I firmly believe the size of the pipe on that manifold is whats holding it back.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
1.5 sch10 pipe

·
Registered
280 Posts
1.5 sch10 pipe
ID on that pipe is 1.65xx inches and seems to be the standard in manifolds these days. Ive been looking for something bigger more like 1 7/8 but I cant find a cost effective alternative. People seem to be making big power on the sch 10 pipe so i guess it will have to do.

What type of manifold are you thinking of? Top Speed carries at least 3 different designs, including one sexy top mount!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
ID on that pipe is 1.65xx inches and seems to be the standard in manifolds these days. Ive been looking for something bigger more like 1 7/8 but I cant find a cost effective alternative. People seem to be making big power on the sch 10 pipe so i guess it will have to do.

What type of manifold are you thinking of? Top Speed carries at least 3 different designs, including one sexy top mount!
1.5in is standard in the industry, if 1 7/8 was better more ppl would be using it. 1.5in seems to give the best of both worlds.

And i make all my on stuff. I have a topmount tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts