Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that my car starts pulling about 3 grand or so. I beleve that this about the time that the short runners of the manifold open up.
I was wondering if thier is anybody tunning or modifying the stock intake manifolds to open the short runners of the manifold earlyer.
I also want to know are their any mods that can be done to gain more power.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No I haven't tried anything with the manifold

Where to start for power...
1. Cold Air intake
2. Exhaust
3. Hell turbo

That should be a good start.

·
Registered
251 Posts
spyke427 said:
I have noticed that my car starts pulling about 3 grand or so. I beleve that this about the time that the short runners of the manifold open up.
I was wondering if thier is anybody tunning or modifying the stock intake manifolds to open the short runners of the manifold earlyer.
I also want to know are their any mods that can be done to gain more power.
I think that Marcy Motorsports was removing the tumble flaps outta the intake manifold a while back and retuning for it, but I haven't heard much on that subject in a while.....most of this has already been covered already. I'm not trying to sound like an A-Hole but you should get to know the search function. As for what mods can be done for more power?....anything typical really. What kinda engine setup are you looking at running?...N/A or Turbo?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to stay NA. So far I have a focus sport cai, cosworth stage1 cams, full length header, 2.5" exhaust, balanceshaft delete, cosworth flywheel, sct xcaliber2 flasher (FS), and I have a Apexi SAFC2. I used the air flow converter before I got my tune from FS, but now have it zeroed out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as for the search button. I havent used the internet much till the last few days so I am still getting used to how to fully use it

·
Registered
859 Posts
Changing your cam timing can move your powerband around to some extent (i.e., trading low-end power for high-end, and the other way around).

This can be done with cam gears or the Marcy Motorsports cam adjustment tool.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
leave the tumbler flaps there... they serve your engine well.
Otherwise, purchase the cosworth intake manifold.

It's just not worth it to modify the stock manifold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts