Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've decided to make a build thread on my '03 SE. I'll update as I go but so far my mods are the simple ones.

1. Short ram intake (soon to be full)

2. Walker quiet flow exhaust with resonator delete

3. Slightly shortened shifter (5 speed)

4. Night shade headlights and tail lights

5. Kenwood head unit

Some pics

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Decided to start one, eh?

Cool - moved to the Builds & Showroom section.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
I will be subbed for more updates! Anything done on the interior? SPI or zetec?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its got a slightly chopped shifter and a Kenwood head unit, and an iPod hookup running through the dash to the glove box. And its unfortunately, an SPI

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Well you have the same as me then. I ran the USB through the dash too. I cut a hole in the back of where that gap is. Looks cleaner.

At least it's a manual though like you said.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I mean no disrespect, but I absolutely hate it when people black out their tail lights. Makes it very difficult to see the light come on when they brake during the day, and isn't as apparent at night. Drives me crazy when I have to slam on the brakes because the lights were so dim.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
I mean no disrespect, but I absolutely hate it when people black out their tail lights. Makes it very difficult to see the light come on when they brake during the day, and isn't as apparent at night. Drives me crazy when I have to slam on the brakes because the lights were so dim.
Yea, IK what you mean about the tail light black outs.

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
As long as they don't apply the niteshades too heavily and leave the third light bar untouched, its not that big of a difference.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
As long as they don't apply the niteshades too heavily and leave the third light bar untouched, its not that big of a difference.
When they "night tint" instead of try to approximate black spray paint, it seems fine to me.

I don't like to give LEO's a reason to pull me over and go fishing, so I don't do things like that. They'll have to catch me driving like a maniac.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
Probably came with a little better visibility as well.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I just have to adjust them lol. I left the ambers far though, give it that euro look. I gotta get the European grill soon. My interior is pretty stock though. Any ideas on what to do in there?

I'm also working on getting a REAL intake. Not just a filter popped on the stock hose lol

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
When they "night tint" instead of try to approximate black spray paint, it seems fine to me.

I don't like to give LEO's a reason to pull me over and go fishing, so I don't do things like that. They'll have to catch me driving like a maniac.

Yeah I don't understand people who use spray paint. I used VHT night shade

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,121 Posts
To get or use a euro grill you will have to buy AM headlights that have a turn signal in them or you won't have front turn signals which isn't legal.

You could wire them into your fogs if you have any.

I just bought some vinyl wrap. That's pretty easy to do. You can look at my build thread to see it.

I can't see any more of your interior as the picture links are broken...

Plastidip won't hold up to well in high traffic areas. Add some LEDs!! Change the dome light color. Floor mats.

VHT is the way to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts