Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2004 ZX3 and was happy to find such an active on-line Focus community here at focusfanatics. It has been a wealth of info.

My question is: What shops in the Greater Manchester area should I know about? Where do you go to get your work done? Where do you buy your parts? I am thinking of getting some lowering springs and having them installed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What up!!!!! No one likes to talk to me either on this thing. I live near Nashua in Mass. Place called Groton, MA. I actually bought my exhaust in Manchester from Drvin Style in that mall up there. It is a magnaflow. Very nice sound, pretty good power. Anytime you wanna get people together for ideas just reply man.

I am still contemplating whether or not to build up a Zetec and do a swap, build up the SPI I already have, or ultimately go for the V8 conversion. V8 would be the most expensive and a lot of responses I have got are "Why don't you just buy a new car"? I hate when they say that. That would be the craziest sleeper. People just wouldn't understand what happened after my car rumbled off the line like a god damn mustang. Anyways ttyl PEACE!!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted by spooky
I actually bought my exhaust in Manchester from Drvin Style in that mall up there. It is a magnaflow. Very nice sound, pretty good power.
Cool, thanks I will check them out.

Posted by spooky
I am still contemplating whether or not to build up a Zetec and do a swap, build up the SPI I already have, or ultimately go for the V8 conversion.
The V8 would be awesome! What is it 450HP? The ultimate sleeper!

·
Registered
28 Posts
mini warning about drivin style....they tend to be morons if you attempt to order parts. Made 4 trips before the right momo shift knob actually came in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thats crazy. My exhaust came in on time exactly the day they said it was. Yeah I wont mention another Drivin Style but I don't believe they had a clue. Let's just say it is in Southern New Hampshire and they no longer exhist anymore.

I haven't heard anybody talk about putting disc brakes in the back of a sedan yet. Any options out there or suggestions????

·
Registered
732 Posts
inked1 said:
mini warning about drivin style....they tend to be morons if you attempt to order parts. Made 4 trips before the right momo shift knob actually came in.
That's because their ricers. I've been there a couple times and whoa talk about RICE HEAVEN!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your exactly right. I asked them questions about foci and such and they had no clue. They just started bringing up things about imports and what not. I have nothin against imports because the focus was actually in Europe first. But I think everybody knows what we are talkin about. What is really funny is that the old Drivin Style is now an art gallery hahahahahaha

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the Mall and they were gone.

Anyone know about Performance Auto Parts on Boynton Street (Just off Valley) near Catherdral Credit Union in Manchester? Stopped in, and they seem to have some cool stuff. DOn't know how focus friendly they arer...

As far as rear disks, check out www.batinc.net

Rear Disk Brake Kit
This kit includes all the components required to install 12"
(300mm) size rotors to the rear of the U.S. specification
Focus. Supplied parts include: production type single
piston caliper with performance pads, large diameter
rotors, wheel hubs (see note below), braided brake hoses
& metal brake pipes, brackets and installation hardware.
Installation Notes: Use with 300mm or larger front rotors.
Use with 16 inch or larger wheels. Kit requires exchange
rear drum assemblies. We charge a 125.00 core charge
until yours are returned.
Focus Disk Brake Kit H416R $775.00

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know much about the Manchester area. I only went up there for my exhaust. Does Drivin Style exhist anywhere anymore?? hehe

Thanks for the info on the rear disc brakes..pretty pricy right now for brakes..ill wait till later

·
Registered
109 Posts
Also from NH. Wazzup? Anyway, Drivin' Style is out of business. My friend at work got screwed by them. He ordered and exhaust for his Prelude (pre-paid, of course) something like two days before they shut down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I really want to but I don't where and when its going on just let me know with a reply. Thanks..

Didn't know if you saw my Accidents thread...hopefully my car won't be in the shop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts