Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What springs will make the front and rear sit evenly? This drives me crazy! My svt sits much lower in the front as do a lot of other foci that I see, svt or not. Can I only get this with coilovers? I also used to have a zx3 with the prokit that did the same thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could probably cut half a coil off the back and you might be pretty damn close to even. Most lowering springs will always give you a bit of rake.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know they aren't always exactly the same height. It just seems like the focus is way more uneven then most cars. I bet there is almost a 2" difference between my front and rear wheel gap.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,118 Posts
You are right by the factory in MI, go ask for some haha.

Post a picture with a tape or yardstick.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha! I wish it was that easy! I'll measure it when I get my car back on Monday and see what the actual difference is.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
At the suggestion of rallyrs from FJ, I installed FRPP Multimatic rear springs only, on my '04 SVT. That seems to have leveled it. They are progressive, which probably explains the lower rear, at least at rest. I'm going to install the fronts, also progressive, this Spring (assuming we have Spring this year) to see how that changes the "stance".

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is that going to make the rear lower?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Camber plates don't adjust ride height.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just measured at the center of the wheels, the front sits at 25in and the back is 26.5in. I would say most cars do not have that much of a difference with stock suspension. Anyone with a prokit or similar measure the front and rear?

·
Registered
177 Posts
BUHP

Annoys the crap out og me aswell.. Rear is so much higher than the front.

Planning on getting pro kit in 1-2 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the prokit now. Still not even but slightly better. I guess coils are the only way to get it perfectly even.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Gotta look at the bottom of the rockers for a true assessment of level, and with the normal load in the car as well.

Tail squats a bit with just the driver in the car, and you don't want to build a tail dragger that's low in the back with just two people and/or a small load in the back like you might use it regularly.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess it just bugged me because I didn't have that issue with my speed3. It is slightly better with the prokit.
Here is one of my speed3. Which in my opinion had perfect wheel gap. Never had problems with it looking saggy.

Here is my SVT now with new stock suspension and prokit.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
^^ Wow. Two very well done cars. Good work jflash.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wheel gap looks even on the SVT in the pic., so slightly up at the tail.

MkI's had that lower rear fender so the rear gap didn't look silly when empty. (Seen a few that ended up WAY high in the rear, wondered if you had that going on)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts