Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Push down once on the driver's side power window button and it'll autoroll down. I know this works on the 2001 and up cars, never tried it on the 2000 but I'm sure it's the same. You push it down a little bit and it'll roll down if you continue to hold it. If you push it down harder, deeper into the door, it'll click and roll the window down automatically without you holding the button.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think he is asking if you can modify the passanger side window to have the same "auto down" feature that drivers side has...that option usually only comes on higher end cars...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I want to autoroll the passanger window. I've seen other people make this happen, but don't know how.

·
Registered
528 Posts
dang, if anyone knows how to do this I would love to do this too..

·
Registered
758 Posts
i dunno, i was wanting the same option, maybe if you just grab another switch for the drivers side, you can mount it in the stock pass. location? im trying to think if they look visually from the top that much different?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never seen it done on a Focus, but I've seen Expeditions, Taurus, and other Ford vehicles have the passanger side modified to have auto down from the driver's seat. Where's the electrical experts?

·
Registered
758 Posts
i took a peak at my controls, and it does look like its one big piece, and the pass. side is opposite of the shape of the drivers side (its sort of like a rounded off square) so i dont know if you could actually mount another drivers side there, or if there is something inside the complete setup that allows it to automatically roll down the window...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll add my info since I just had my switch apart to fix it. There is a lil circuit that controls the driver's side window it has a 2 position button, all the other windows are on a basic switch with 2 contact points. I suppose you could get another circuit button thing and piggy back it onto the pass. side window but that would involve some electronics experience... my thoughts are that to do this you'll have to buy a new module or spend a few hours Mgyvering the stock one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ive thought about doing this. i may attempt to use the driver side switch to make both windows autodown, i need to tear it apart and see what i can do, i havent looked at it yet but i will do it if it can be done

·
Registered
33 Posts
it can be done, but it just won't be that easy.... you'll have to do some soldering modding testing.... either way good luck and post pics

·
Registered
549 Posts
before you go hacking and McGuyvering into the switch panel, may i make a suggestion? Before that, let me ask you this question:

Do you want to have the one-touch feature work for the passenger switch (or rear doors) too, or just work off the driver's master door switch?

Would you like to push the button on the passenger (or rear) doors once and have the windows go up/down automatically? or would you just like that feature from the drivers door? (this would mean that the other 1 or 3 doors would work normally from their respective switch) **EITHER WAY IS POSSIBLE**

Directed Electronics Inc. has a Window automation piece that is real nice when integrating an alarm/security system in the vehicle. It does not need an alarm/remote start to work, however you get a few additional perks.

Anyway, with this part, you get one-touch UP and one-touch DOWN for two doors. The part number is DEI 530T. Goes for about $40-60 on ebay. The wiring is a bit intense if you don't know what you're doing or looking for, but really nice. I have done a few installs with them, and just finished a friend's WRX yesterday.

-john
SQF

1 - 17 of 17 Posts