Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here every made a hood scoop for their car by them selves. I would love nothing more then to have 800 laying around to buy a new hood for my car. My car is the se model so it looks very basic. Which to me some of the interior added features would have been nice but I have done things to it already. I love the fact that's it's the se so I can see all of this stuff take shape. I added double din touch screen pioneer deck. Have two 12 ' s in the back with 600 watt mono block amp. I have kids so remember can't be to loud lol. Also took a 2 channel amp and bridged my factory door speakers together. Always keeping in mind with me super tight budget. Anyways was not going for power out of the door speakers Just some added clarity to go with the bass. I have to say I was pretty surprised out of the stock paper cone speakers. The system sounds really good and to much when I need it to be lol. Anyways way off topic of the hood scoop. I'm not sure how to really post stuff here yet. I want to talk about my car but have a lot more then one topic. Do I start a new thread for each one or just make super long post like this one lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Why would you need a scoop for? What mods do you have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just the short ram under the hood for now but I have adhd really bad and so between school work and kids I have to have a project to mess around with. It's like the exhaust I'm doing just a small project but that one is gonna be over so looking for a tough long term one. I would somehow like to incorporate the intake into the scoop for colder air intake but living in az nothing is cold air here lol

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cut a hole in the hood and add a NACA duct. No need for some crazy looking pro-stock type scoop. When ADHD hits put it to good use; wash and wax the car to keep it clean, vacuum and whipe down the interior etc

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
X's 2 on the NACA

Measure twice, cut once.

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
You could get one of those stick-on hood scoops, cut a hole in the hood and stick it on with some tough adhesive. You won't need a huge hole. Just something towards the back to get the air through.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts