Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went to a car audio store today and found the amp i think im ganna get... the guy sugested just screwing it to the top of the enclosure i have right now.... i thought that was cool but kinda borring... so the idea hit me while at work in the mill... put the amp on a clear piece of plexi or a covered piece of wood and have it lay flat on the box untill i hit a switch then have it tilt at like a 45 or less angle toward the opening... my question is... what would you sugest i use to make it tilt up? im thinking id have to hinge the front in some way and have something to lift the back end... any ideas, sugestions... anything but flaming... its kinds 2F2F but i think it would be kinda cool if it was done right... thanks in advance

·
Registered
38 Posts
he's right a linear actuator is the way to go!but hold on to your wallet they are pretty expensive!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm i was hopin for not to expencive... lol... thanks guys, anyone else know anything?

·
Registered
224 Posts
possibly a power antenna motor

·
Registered
433 Posts
a cheap actuator should work fine...nothin to break the bank, unless the amp is like 50lbs. A power antenna motor would work too...be creative

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Linear actuator or power antenna motor should both work. The power antenna motor would be cheaper, but probably not as powerful. As far as the hinge-you could probably use the holes that are already in the amp where you would usuaully use a screw to screw it down. Instead, attach it to a hinge, then attach the hinge to the box, or wherever you want it.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i also posted this in a computer mod. forum... they came up with the antenna motor idea... i never would have thought of it... thanks a ton guys ill keep you updated on what i do and how i do it... if i do it [thumb]

·
Registered
29 Posts
well, you might as well make a 2 in 1 and get NOS but redirect it to a pnumatic hammer and have the amp pop up using the nitrous. Plus you could add horses.

Actualy I am talking out of my ass, i'd go with the antenna motor or go to the toy aisle in walmart or target and see if something is already put together for you. It's a good idea, i may have to steal it ;)

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hire a midget to sit in your trunk. When you press the button, it gives the midget a little electric ZAP, and the midget then knows its time to tilt the amp for display.

Hehe.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^ lol

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
k so i got me a midget today... whats this you said on how to hook it up to shock the thing?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^^

Hahahahahaha...... I love you guys.

You coming to the Massive g2g, zx360?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where is it/ when is it?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm maybe... the ex who might come with me lives in browndeer.. i was ganna make her drive here then us go but if i can follow someone from mill to there maybe ill do that... hmmm tempting

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Pssssht. I grew up 5 minutes from Brown Deer in Mequon.

Hell, even I could pick her up.. *laughing*

Making your Ex drive allll the way up there, and then alllll the way back is just mean.. LOL You could shoot right through brown deer on your way to Miltown.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts