1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
There was a thread a little while ago about someone replacing the rubber bushings on the stock mounts with bushings made from hockey pucks.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
That thread is good for our lower and driver mounts, but will not work on the passenger mount. Its sealed and fluid filled.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was going to do that but can't source anything near me and no one will ship the stuff to canada.
Looks like they ship to the great white north.

That thread is good for our lower and driver mounts, but will not work on the passenger mount. Its sealed and fluid filled.
My old Ford mount was sealed and had fluid at one time [:D] The review section has a guy that tried making Contour mounts and failed. Maybe he did it wrong. [scratch]

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Hey I'm all for the idea. Its what I am going to use on my driver mount. If you can figure out how to make it work on the pass side let us know. I have a busted one here I was going to play with, just never got around to it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've still got my old Ford passenger side mount. Plan on disassembling what's left this weekend to see if I can make it work.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Looks like they ship to the great white north.

My old Ford mount was sealed and had fluid at one time [:D] The review section has a guy that tried making Contour mounts and failed. Maybe he did it wrong. [scratch]

who is they? mcmaster wont.

and for the passengers mount i was going to drill a hole in it drain the fluid, clean it out with brake-cleaner use a small funnel to pour in the poly and then start tapping it a lot to get rid of bubbles.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
nevermind i just looked at the ES link, i thought it was for the inserts they make. ill be contacting my speed shop about getting some, sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts