Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I dont wanna sound stupid but the question kinda is...sorta... lol

I have removed the resonator from the air intake box and added a K&N hi flow filter.

It makes a nice noise but I want to get it a little louder. How can I do this? any suggestions? Perhaps make another hole like the resonator similar size on the other side of the box?

Please be gentle...hhahaha

Rye [bash] [?|]

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
naw man you do not want to do that then you are just sucking in hot engine bay air and that is detrimental to power.

honestly I would just tape off that hole from teh resonator and just use the snorkel.

but man if you are looking for louder go for it. but I would rather have power than sound.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
It's not going to get much louder from the stock setup.

But if you find a way, let's us know because it is a noble task. :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I took that little snorkel piece out on the right (if you are standing with the front of your body at the front of the car as if you were looking under the hood). It made a deeper throatier sound, and i have NOT had any issues with heat soak compared to having it in. Power feels the same too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
cold air intake makes it damn loud when you stomp on it. When i had mine on the dyno, i could hear the intake more than i could the exhaust, i was standing about 10ft off to the side... it sounded sooo sweet!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want a cold air because it rains a lot here in Canada and I already bought the K&N drop in filter. I just want it to sound deeper and louder. Would it sound louder if i taped that hole from the airbox resonator? I need more NOISE!! RAGGGAARRRRR NOISE!

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
you could get a metal intake elbow and have it connected to the stock box that would make it louder for sure

·
Registered
144 Posts
so put on a pre-filter, thats what i did, works perfect, you can also put on one of them AEM bypass valves. Its not like you will be driving around in 6 inches of water every day.

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
because having the elbow made out of the rubber is half of what keeps the intake so quite honestly the best and cheapest way for you to get more noise would be to just get a short ram intake

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna try that intake elbow idea. I just need it a little louder while keeping my current setup. I don't want to be a victim of heat soak.

Anyone else have any idea's to make the stock intake box louder?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Im more of a Quiet Riot kind of guy =)
I like the way everything sounds in its natural state

·
Registered
504 Posts
i didnt notice a difference in sound when i did this mod back in the day. All I noticed was that my engine temp never stayed constant after I did the mod.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Any SVTs running the "EURO Air Deflector" for the front snorkel? I've always been curious about it but worry about H2O & extra dirt coming in since it redirects/concentrates the air even more any suggestions?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Any SVTs running the "EURO Air Deflector" for the front snorkel? I've always been curious about it but worry about H2O & extra dirt coming in since it redirects/concentrates the air even more any suggestions?
I'd be interested in running one of those if they could be found inexpensively. Functional and looks good.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I took the silencer off, and wow I can really tell a difference in sound. Its much louder. I am going to close it up though. I dont want any hot air coming in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts