Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Does anyone have any information on all terrain tires of size 235/40R18? Anyone at all?
None, i searched, which is why i went 16.... u can get 18" Snow tires

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Tires are probably the most important part of making it off-road capable. Lift it all you want, you aren't going anywhere fun for long on day to day street tires.
I guess we got different interpretations on the "Off road" part because what I was thinking, without a lift, doesn't matter what type of tires you would have, the car would high center or bottom out.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I guess we got different interpretations on the "Off road" part because what I was thinking, without a lift, doesn't matter what type of tires you would have, the car would high center or bottom out.
Yes

·
FF Affiliate
30,631 Posts
I havent done a lot with off road but should those springs be arched from installation and only a half a round holding it in ?

Shouldnt the small end of the spring be at the top ?

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I havent done a lot with off road but should those springs be arched from installation and only a half a round holding it in ?

Shouldnt the small end of the spring be at the top ?

Tom
Progressive springs have the tighter wind at top, i have adjusted springs for stability, but with what Ive done with it, no issues at all, still a workhorse

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I'd go with 16" wheels and get some more rubber around the them since with little sidewall you will damage your wheels.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Talked to local manufacturer yesterday, should have final pricing next week, then NA version can go live

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Still no details?
Talked to our manufacturer today, going to be another 2-3 weeks

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
What will the lift height be for this kit? Will this kit clear the 27" tires that are the 215/65/16 without cutting?
Kit is approximately 3" over stock, and with 215/65-16 , et 45-35, no rubbing

21 - 40 of 47 Posts