Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to turn my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback into a more capable offroad vehicle? I do a lot of photography and I go on a lot of backroads. I feel like it could be improved to handle that better. Also any mods to reduce paint chipping from rocks?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of tires would be best for this? I hesitate to do much in excess of tires just because I know things can get pretty pricy. How far could I get with just new tires?

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Different or new tires won't get you more offroad capable, but I suppose tires, get a aluminum skidplate to replace that fabric crap cover under the engine...mudflaps may help prevent rocks and dirt thrown along sides and back of car

·
FF Affiliate
30,665 Posts
Tires are probably the most important part of making it off-road capable. Lift it all you want, you aren't going anywhere fun for long on day to day street tires.
I 100% agree , Good tires for traction on any stock Focus would of gone through the same Mud hole as above ( Not trying to take anything away from what he did ) I dont think your looking to go through those kind of situations anyway

I would get a a good set of tires for the kind of driving your doing and some rock guards for all 4 wheel wells

There is this tape as well , works very well , stays on during driving and comes off easy with out hurting the paint ISC RACERS TAPE

Tom

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
You can find decent tires, but for the diameter I chose, lift is necessary, and no a regular height focus would not of made it through the trails and mud holes we go through, as ground clearance is a must.

We use 215/65-16 General Grabber.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Focused4Rally

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
While testing.... no a standard height focus wouldn't go through this course

Reactions: eldreamerdaniel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What tires would be good with not getting a lift? I am not looking to truly go full off-roading, I just want to handle trails and poorly maintained dirt roads better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does anyone know of a way to turn my 2013 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback into a more capable offroad vehicle? I do a lot of photography and I go on a lot of backroads. I feel like it could be improved to handle that better. Also any mods to reduce paint chipping from rocks?

Thanks
Talk to Cooter. He turned The General into a four-wheeler.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
While testing.... no a standard height focus wouldn't go through this course

Sent from my SM-G935V using FF Mobile
Who's rlc's are thou's? Only thing I see thats missing for me to use thou's arms are no rsb mounts.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Can you give an insight to what kind of parts to expect?
Kit will be a full kit,
HD front lower control arms (steel, not aluminum)
Rear Massive Lower control arms
Massive Camber arms
Massive Toe arms
Rear springs
Limiting straps
Brackets
Spacers
Complete front strut assy
Massive Front end links

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Who's rlc's are thou's? Only thing I see thats missing for me to use thou's arms are no rsb mounts.
They are there, and will come with hardware needed, we removed the rsb due to our use of the NAS-T.

If anyone is near enough to RDC, you're more than welcome to chk it out

Reactions: felixthecat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone have any information on all terrain tires of size 235/40R18? Anyone at all?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts