Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the Tsunami bumper, and how the only pictures OF it are on their site.. I decided I would go with this bumper for my 2000 SE. MY car was actually going to be a surprise for the boardmembers when I posted pictures it, because it has alot done to it, but I've kept it a secret for so long. I was going to put up the first and only REAL pictures of the Tsunami Bumper... But Now unfortunately its too late to make it a surprise, and I have to tell about what has happened. Sit back, because this is a long story:

Whatever you do, DO NOT purchase anything from Gravity Motorsport on ebay, which is located in Arizona. I sent 350$ away for my Tsunami bumper 3 weeks ago. He recieved the $, and said "Your bumper will go out monday" (which was approximately a week and 3 days ago. All was good, I figured the bumper was sent out, and he just forgot to send me the tracking number. He told me that it took 2-5 days for me to get it via UPS.

2 days later, (wednesday of last week), I send him an email saying "Can I please have my tracking number? It's been 3 days since you say the bumper was shipped." He replies with
"I'm sorry, I'll call tsunami tomorrow morning and get it ASAP. I get them drop shipped"

No reply. I send numerous emails after this, wait for my bumper to arrive, and I recieve nothing. Not even a reply email. So eventually its Monday December 15th, and I'm absolutely fed up. I get the number for Tsunami and I call there. I tell them the situation, and they claim they have gotten no order from Gravity since December first. No ford focus bumper, only civics. At this point I am absolutely LIVID! I ask for the phone number for Gravity Motorsport and give them a call. No answer. I page them approximately 3 times, and leave a long, detailed message with some choice words. I am NOT happy. No answer as of last night.

I call Tsunami back, and they say they are going to try to contact the guy at Gravity. A half hour later I recieve a call. Tsunami told me that he called back immediately after they left a message on his voicemail. They said that Gravity had some problems with someone who sent a fraudulent check, and that all of the orders were on hold. They also said that "emails were sent to all of the customers regarding this issue".

This was total Bull****! For the past week and a half I have recieved NOTHING. No emails, No returned phone calls. NOTHING! So now, I am being told that my bumper hasn't even gone out yet... I'm down 350$, And I have to wait for MY check to clear. WHICH WAS A POSTAL MONEY ORDER!!! How the hell could it be fraudulent? And ON TOP OF THAT, The guy at Gravity refuses to return my phone calls and emails. What a joke..... Right?!

I sent one last email stating what I am requesting for my inconvenience. I asked for 2 brand new VIS z3 fenders, and if I do not get them due to this major hassle/debacle/3 ring circus..... I'm not only demanding my money back, but I will make sure nobody on ANY of the FOCUS ENTHUSIAST boards order from this guy again.

What do you all think? This kind of stuff happens to ME all the time. I don't understand why either. Is this world becoming incompedent? I believe so!

Nick
[email protected]

P.S. here is a picture of my car about 2 years ago. ITs got ALOT more then what you see now, including interior ETC.. but I'll post pics when I'm 1/2 finished... [:D]

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post my pics.. oh well

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, you take your chances when you order on eBay. Did you check the sellers feedback and such before ordering?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Ndelmoore said:
After seeing the Tsunami bumper, and how the only pictures OF it are on their site.. I decided I would go with this bumper for my 2000 SE. MY car was actually going to be a surprise for the boardmembers when I posted pictures it, because it has alot done to it, but I've kept it a secret for so long. I was going to put up the first and only REAL pictures of the Tsunami Bumper... But Now unfortunately its too late to make it a surprise, and I have to tell about what has happened. Sit back, because this is a long story:

Whatever you do, DO NOT purchase anything from Gravity Motorsport on ebay, which is located in Arizona. I sent 350$ away for my Tsunami bumper 3 weeks ago. He recieved the $, and said "Your bumper will go out monday" (which was approximately a week and 3 days ago. All was good, I figured the bumper was sent out, and he just forgot to send me the tracking number. He told me that it took 2-5 days for me to get it via UPS.

2 days later, (wednesday of last week), I send him an email saying "Can I please have my tracking number? It's been 3 days since you say the bumper was shipped." He replies with
"I'm sorry, I'll call tsunami tomorrow morning and get it ASAP. I get them drop shipped"

No reply. I send numerous emails after this, wait for my bumper to arrive, and I recieve nothing. Not even a reply email. So eventually its Monday December 15th, and I'm absolutely fed up. I get the number for Tsunami and I call there. I tell them the situation, and they claim they have gotten no order from Gravity since December first. No ford focus bumper, only civics. At this point I am absolutely LIVID! I ask for the phone number for Gravity Motorsport and give them a call. No answer. I page them approximately 3 times, and leave a long, detailed message with some choice words. I am NOT happy. No answer as of last night.

I call Tsunami back, and they say they are going to try to contact the guy at Gravity. A half hour later I recieve a call. Tsunami told me that he called back immediately after they left a message on his voicemail. They said that Gravity had some problems with someone who sent a fraudulent check, and that all of the orders were on hold. They also said that "emails were sent to all of the customers regarding this issue".

This was total Bull****! For the past week and a half I have recieved NOTHING. No emails, No returned phone calls. NOTHING! So now, I am being told that my bumper hasn't even gone out yet... I'm down 350$, And I have to wait for MY check to clear. WHICH WAS A POSTAL MONEY ORDER!!! How the hell could it be fraudulent? And ON TOP OF THAT, The guy at Gravity refuses to return my phone calls and emails. What a joke..... Right?!

I sent one last email stating what I am requesting for my inconvenience. I asked for 2 brand new VIS z3 fenders, and if I do not get them due to this major hassle/debacle/3 ring circus..... I'm not only demanding my money back, but I will make sure nobody on ANY of the FOCUS ENTHUSIAST boards order from this guy again.

What do you all think? This kind of stuff happens to ME all the time. I don't understand why either. Is this world becoming incompedent? I believe so!

Nick
[email protected]

P.S. here is a picture of my car about 2 years ago. ITs got ALOT more then what you see now, including interior ETC.. but I'll post pics when I'm 1/2 finished... [:D]

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to post my pics.. oh well
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

first off you learned your lesson. dont ever spend that much money over email. i mean come on the only way you were talking to the guy is email.. if your going over 200 i think you should have called him and spoke with a real person. never ever trust ebay.

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
well, i will not ever buy from them then. a link to the bumper ma\ytbe? i would like to see it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
personally, i dont like the way that front bumber looks...besides, its their first body kit; i think i would've waited to hear some reviews before i bought from them. companies like Wings West and Kaminari that have been around for a while are pretty much a sure deal

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its far from hideous. When you have $, why not spend it? I don't want to start arguments, but its all a matter of opinion. I think the euro bumpers look absolutely ridiculous..... I'm getting Chrome rims on my car. It adds up

I could also care less if its their first body kit. It's eurethane, I work in a body shop. Easier for me then for most people.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
I think it's not overly done. It's a nice design if you're going to go for a sharper look to you focus. If you can get an agreeable rear with very modest tail lights and rims, I think you'll be on to something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ihave the razzi side skirts and rear. And modest as far as rims go? I'm going 17 inch chrome Edge wheels if that tells you anything. HA

Nick

As for now my taillights are stock. I might get GTS covers and get them painted the color of my car for the daytime at least

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey hey

hey everyone. I hope I'm not intruding (my first post on here) but I just wanted to say I'm looking to get a hb and when I buy the car I was going to get the tsunami front. I think it looks good. Someone mentioned they don't like how it covers the headlights - I kind of thought the same thing. Overall though, I think it looks great. If anyone finally gets the kit and get some pics, let me know! :) Take care....

·
Registered
793 Posts
kool. how many pages did u dig through to find this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts