Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by a Dealership a few days ago and talked to them about the random problems with the MFT in our beloved new 2012 Foci

They informed me (top secret info) that Ford is planning on sending all 2012 owners a USB thumb drive with completely re-coded firmware that will update your MFT system with a more reliable software.

No word yet if you get to keep the USB thumb drive....... :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
A complete software rewrite is promising.

I hope they test the heck out of the new firmware before release. I will be looking forward to this new firmware, right after looking forward to getting my Ti...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it was Steve Job's last hurrah to the world before he moved on to a better place......

o..... yeah no... it's Microsoft logo in my car isn't it? :(

·
Registered
409 Posts
I hope it was Steve Job's last hurrah to the world before he moved on to a better place......

Microsoft didn't make MFT. But, you know, it's a good thing Steve Jobs gamed the system to get that liver that could have drastically extended someone else's life, otherwise we may not have gotten an iPhone 4 in white.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maybe your dealer is wishfully thinking that's what they will do :). My dealer doesn't even know what version is out there...lol.

·
Registered
495 Posts
There is an update coming soon, just not sure about the whole "Ford sending out thumb drives" thing.

We had a 2012 Focus in the shop recently with Nav issues, taking a long time to do stuff, to wake up, etc., and the Special Service Message that the tech dug up simply said there's an update coming, and not to do any repairs at this time.

"FOR VEHICLES AT THE LATEST (BM) LEVEL CIP SUFFIX LEVEL, A FUTURE UPDATE WILL BE RELEASED"

So there is an update coming [:)]

·
Registered
683 Posts
I stopped by a Dealership a few days ago and talked to them about the random problems with the MFT in our beloved new 2012 Foci

They informed me (top secret info) that Ford is planning on sending all 2012 owners a USB thumb drive with completely re-coded firmware that will update your MFT system with a more reliable software.

No word yet if you get to keep the USB thumb drive....... :)
There is an update coming soon, just not sure about the whole "Ford sending out thumb drives" thing.

We had a 2012 Focus in the shop recently with Nav issues, taking a long time to do stuff, to wake up, etc., and the Special Service Message that the tech dug up simply said there's an update coming, and not to do any repairs at this time.

"FOR VEHICLES AT THE LATEST (BM) LEVEL CIP SUFFIX LEVEL, A FUTURE UPDATE WILL BE RELEASED"

So there is an update coming [:)]

That's great news! While mine has been performing better than a lot of folks' MFT'es here, it certainly hasn't been flawless.

[thumb]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, there have been rumblings in other threads on this as well so hopefully there is some modicum of truth in it. Mine has been semi-stable I guess but like bsp_53 by no means flawless.

Driving to work this morning, 15 minutes into my 25 minute drive, listening to an album on my iPod, the same one that was playing when I left my driveway, and up pops the "Ipod disconnected" message. By no means the first time this has happened either. I then have to disconnect it and reconnect it so it no longer thinks it is disconnected when it is not. Creates a dangerous distraction while driving.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If it is a significant revision, don't expect it to be on a thumb drive. Most likely it will be like the previous update and take several hours at the dealership.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Microsoft didn't make MFT. But, you know, it's a good thing Steve Jobs gamed the system to get that liver that could have drastically extended someone else's life, otherwise we may not have gotten an iPhone 4 in white.
Glad to see the ignorance has bled into the forums too. Get real, I've never heard of you before, you haven't made any innovations that have changed an entire industry, and therefor you have no right to judge a man who did. Until you make the impact he has, I suggest you show some respect.

I don't know about you guys, but I [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]' LOVE Toy Story. lol

Anyway, it can very well be placed onto a USB drive, but it will still take just as long to update yourself. The 2.11 update is now available to download to a USB drive. Even though I haven't had any major MFT issues yet, the fix can't come any sooner, I'd love to have a legitimately stable infotainment system, hopefully even faster/more fluid, that would just change everything.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
my mft has the latest updates (august) and works ok but is sooooo slow... my old flip phone was faster.. i hope this new update address the speediness of it...

·
Registered
671 Posts
Glad to see the ignorance has bled into the forums too. Get real, I've never heard of you before, you haven't made any innovations that have changed an entire industry, and therefor you have no right to judge a man who did. Until you make the impact he has, I suggest you show some respect.

I don't know about you guys, but I [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]' LOVE Toy Story. lol

Anyway, it can very well be placed onto a USB drive, but it will still take just as long to update yourself. The 2.11 update is now available to download to a USB drive. Even though I haven't had any major MFT issues yet, the fix can't come any sooner, I'd love to have a legitimately stable infotainment system, hopefully even faster/more fluid, that would just change everything.
http://gawker.com/5847344/what-everyone-is-too-polite-to-say-about-steve-jobs?popular=true

and that is the end of that.

Edit: Nevermind OP might be onto something

Thanks for the info, FF4!

Just wanted to take the time to let everybody know that we've unveiled our first self-install update on SYNCMyRide.com for SYNC with MyFord and MyLincoln Touch!

Version 2.11, previously available only as a dealer-install update, can now be downloaded from the Web to a USB flash drive and installed in your vehicle. Click here to check it out:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

For details and instructions see our post in the Owner to Owner forum:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...yncmb&tid=4337

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your Focus!
~Jaclyn

·
Registered
63 Posts
So far only a 1 time issue with MFT, when I activated Sirius I hit the "M" button to cycle thru to the next band of presets and MFT froze... And stayed that way until I stopped for gas and turned the car off for 5 or so minutes.

No repeats of this problem since though....

But I would like an update that would improve stability and speed, as I'm always trying to get the most out of my tech

·
Registered
416 Posts

I would agree that Apple products are pretty good, as long as you're only interfacing with other Apple products. They do not play well with other systems whereas majority of the market applications are written towards Microsoft but can usually run on Apple products.

Been in IT business for 20 years and you rarely see an Apple device on a corporate network, unless of course EVERYTHING is Apple. So, winner by default, Microsoft.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sounds promising.

Coincidentally, my Focus is getting it's Nav fixed (amongst some other things). I was getting some accessories installed late last week and they left a light on. Had to jump start the car when I came to pick it up ... Nav hasn't worked since :\

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would agree that Apple products are pretty good, as long as you're only interfacing with other Apple products. They do not play well with other systems whereas majority of the market applications are written towards Microsoft but can usually run on Apple products.

Been in IT business for 20 years and you rarely see an Apple device on a corporate network, unless of course EVERYTHING is Apple. So, winner by default, Microsoft.
I can't agree with you... like you, I've got about 20 years in the IT business. I've worked in different mixed environments - the latest is a medium sized 500+ station network with PCs running various Windows versions, Macs on OS X and a few Solaris desktops - all getting along and sharing data quite nicely. These are not the bad ol' OS 9 (and prior) days. Our engineers prefer Macs over PCs, and rarely pop into Fusion to do anything with Windows apps unless they have to. Just about everyone has an iPad, iPhone or an Android interfaced to their machine and the help desk load is pretty routine.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
NoEndingDiscussion MacOS vs MSFT and so on.
Come on guys, you can do better than that. Fanboy wars are sooooo childish. Every system is good for something and bad for something else. If there were no demands of them, they'd be gone since a while. You all MacOS supporters, talk about BSOD of W95-98 and don't want to aknowledge that MSFT has done some great things since then. The others, MSFT fanboys, talk about MacOS and its "little world", which is no more true nowadays.

For me, MFT works great. Try to be more relaxed when using the MFT, give it the time to "compile" the commands you gave it (one by one and not multiple in the same time), don't go faster than you actually drive your car and it will come smooth and responsive. If you try to do multiple tasks at the same time on your iPad/Galaxy/whatever tablette, I assure you, even that will crush ! It is only a matter of time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's not like Ford chose Microsoft over Apple. Microsoft makes a platform for cars, I don't believe Apple does.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hmm, this seems to jive with what people say they saw previewed during the focus owners meetup with ford. Would be cool if it were true. Although since I have no real issues with my system if this does happen ill wait for another brave owner to try it out and report back first.

1 - 20 of 300 Posts