Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had an odd noise from the back of the car... took it at brake masters to check it out since the free brake check. also the dealers around cali only work on appointments and they do suck, so i did not bother... i also have free maintanance but 4 hr turn around is not worth my time. now. they pull the wheels off and the front brake are what they call absolute warped. it looks like a i have tranches there. the back the rear shoes are cracked, and the bearing, the main inner one broke then they took the drum off... i had to fix it since it was imposible for me to drive. i called ford and they said they can tow it butt would take 2 hrs and then 2 days to fix it... i got pissed. so said to fix it, cost me 74 bucks. now i called ford for an reimburstment and they said no since i did not allow for to check it out... how stupid...

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
You really didn't expect them to pay for it, did you??? I can see Ford doing it as warranty, but not if you had someone else do the repair. 74 bucks to do what?? Just the bearing? Or did they do new rotors and whatnot??? If Ford will cover the brakes, let them do it. There has to be at least ONE good Ford dealer in your area?

·
Registered
297 Posts
thats why you have a warranty, they're not going to reimburse you cause you didn't want to take it back to a dealer to get it fixed. sounds like more than 74 bucks worth of breakage anyways.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If you didnt take it to ford under warranty, there is no way they will pay for it. Repairs take more than a few minutes. Not everyone works on your schedule and if it had to be there for a few days they would probably give you a rental car.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was told i would be reimbursed by the dealer, since the car was not driveable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts